From: Dana on
"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
> See here on my blog for something new:
> http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!3406.entry

Jonathan,

First, thank you for taking the time to provide messenger help to those of
us running XP x64.

I followed your directions at the above blog, for installing the latest
messenger (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726), and it seemed to work well for
the most part, however I immediately began experiencing frequent problems
with my computer entering / leaving standby mode after completing this
installation. Nothing else has been changed / installed on the computer in
the recent past, so I believe I am safe in assuming the problem is related to
this WLM install. Have you heard of others having a similar problem, and
would you be able to offer any help in debugging the issue? I do have an
error code signature, if it is of any help.

Thank you.
From: Dana on
"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
> See here on my blog for something new:
> http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!3406.entry

Jonathan,

First, thank you for taking the time to help us XP x64 users with our Live
Messenger issues. I followed the steps outlined in your blog, downloading
and installing the files in the prescribed order. It has worked well, except
ever since that day my computer has had issues going into and out of sleep
mode. Because nothing else was changed in the computer configuration in the
last few months, and the appearance of this new problem coincided with the
installation of WLM 2009, I feel I am safe in assuming that is the cause of
this new problem.

Have you heard of any other users having a similar problem? Are you able to
help me debug this issue?

Thank you,
Dana

From: est one est on

"mjs" wrote:

> Can someone give me a direct link to the latest XP x64 compatible version of
> Live Messenger?

hmm, i had the same problem and there is simple solution.

u need to patch wlm , it worked for me

u can get the patch from this link http://oss.netfarm.it/wlm.php

i hope it will help u all.