From: Hugo Vanwoerkom on
deloptes wrote:
> James Stuckey wrote:

>>> Yes, as you already said yesterday, that option was not working for you.
>>> I dunno how to set DPI under wmii DE, unless you try to edit the
>>> xorg.conf file and put there.

>>> I fail to see anything wrong in the image you sent. It is readable, is
>>> not distorted, is not small... :-)
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Camaleón
>>>

>> Okay, I'll figure out how to set DPI and assume that whatever problem I
>> see with the onscreen fonts here is due to the monitor.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> no, monitor doesn't have to do anything with it
>
> you have to distinguish things - that's it
> I'm suffering the same issue here, but did configure most of the things.
>
> For you however with this funny windows manager it would be really to set
> DPI globally. If you change DPI in the firefox properties it is applied
> only to the text, but not to the window itself. That's why it looks like
> much bigger then the menu area. I leave the firefox DPI setting to system
> and set the DPI in the window manager/server.

Right, I set DPI in /etc/gdm/gdm.conf:

command=/usr/bin/X1 :0 -layout X1 -dpi 110 -isolateDevice PCI:1:0:0 vt7
command=/usr/bin/X0 :1 -layout X0 -dpi 110 -isolateDevice PCI:0:8:0 vt51

Hugo

On 2010-04-30 10:05:42 +0200, James Stuckey wrote:

>http://www.jhstuckey.com/1080.jpeg
>
>Does that look right to you?

I think the problem you are having is "un-themed GTK". You don't have
a desktop suite, so maybe you're like me and you like to keep your
system lean and mean. If so, it could be that you don't have any GTK
themes installed. A simple, lightweight GTK theme will drastically
improve the appearance of Iceweasel. The default GTK theme is called
Raleigh and it's not very good, the fonts are too big, and so on.

I lived without a theme for a while until I got so sick of how ugly
my GTK apps were. Then I went searching for themes and everything's
better. You can even get themes that are light and have good
performance.

If you are interested in getting some simple GTK themes:

aptitude install gtk2-engines

Hope this helps,

Phil

Pages: 1