From: David Baron on
Anyone with experience and Debian-related information on motherboards by DFI
and by Winsonic? Apparently of the few which support modern CPU and memory and
still sport as ISA slot or two.

On 05/25/2010 11:55 AM, David Baron wrote:
> Anyone with experience and Debian-related information on motherboards by DFI
> and by Winsonic? Apparently of the few which support modern CPU and memory and
> still sport as ISA slot or two.

I run Debian Lenny on a DFI Lanparty DK p45-t2rs. I really like the
board but it did throw a curveball at me. Since it had an Intel ICH10R
southbridge, I expected it to have an Intel ICH storage controller and
use the ata_piix driver. This was not the case, instead, it used a
Jmicron storage controller (using the ahci driver) which forced me into
using the kmuto installer and the lenny-backports kernel.

Other than that, I think its great.

Le 25/05/10 18:44, Jordan Metzmeier a �crit :
> I run Debian Lenny on a DFI Lanparty DK p45-t2rs. I really like the
> board but it did throw a curveball at me. Since it had an Intel ICH10R
> southbridge, I expected it to have an Intel ICH storage controller and
> use the ata_piix driver. This was not the case, instead, it used a
> Jmicron storage controller (using the ahci driver) which forced me
> into using the kmuto installer and the lenny-backports kernel.

Hello,

I might be wrong, but I guess the exact name for your motherboard is DFI
Lanparty DK p45-t2rs PLUS (as opposed to the Elite or Turbo models),
which has 8 SATAII ports, and I also guess you have used the two yellow
ports? If so, plug your drives in the orange ports to use the Sata
controller from the ICH10R and not the JMicron JMB363 (given the vast
amount of options traditionnally present in a DFI LanParty BIOS, you can
probably disable the JMicron controller if you want to do so).

The ICH10R only provides 6 SATAII ports, and the JMicron controller is
there to provide 2 additionnal ports.

On 05/25/2010 01:03 PM, Jean-Fran�ois wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I might be wrong, but I guess the exact name for your motherboard is
> DFI Lanparty DK p45-t2rs PLUS (as opposed to the Elite or Turbo
> models), which has 8 SATAII ports, and I also guess you have used the
> two yellow ports? If so, plug your drives in the orange ports to use
> the Sata controller from the ICH10R and not the JMicron JMB363 (given
> the vast amount of options traditionnally present in a DFI LanParty
> BIOS, you can probably disable the JMicron controller if you want to
> do so).
>
> The ICH10R only provides 6 SATAII ports, and the JMicron controller is
> there to provide 2 additionnal ports.

Yes, the PLUS is the correct model. I will have to look into it again,
but I have 3 drives so they could not all be in the two yellow ports.
This may also explain why fdisk lists my drives in the order: sdc, sdb,
sda. Running lspci -k, I don't recall seeing ata_piix at all.

Thanks for the input, I will have another look tonight.