From: Rob Owens on
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 08:48:09PM +0300, Alexander Batischev wrote:
> I'm using mutt for about a month already. Almost all problems already solved, I
> successfully moved to IMAP. It's time to get GPG signing to work.
>
> As you probably noticed, all my messages are signed. But when I open any--even
> my own!--message, mutt tells me that PGP signature can NOT be verified. Which
> is more interesting, I did not have that problem before I imported my secure
> key (it was stored on desktop; now I'm mostly use netbook). I mean, I had PGP
> set but I didn't have secure key so I did not sign my messages, just verify
> other's.

Hey, I just noticed that there are 2 different keys for you on the public key
server. Are you sure you're using the right one to verify the
signatures?

-Rob

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 01:52:54 +0300, Alexander Batischev wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 09:39:58PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> Well, what we are testing here (by using another e-mail client) is GPG
>> and your keyring configuration, so you better try with a GUI e-mail
>> client that uses the system-wide GPG and keyring setup (if you are in
>> GNOME, try Evolution; if using KDE try with KMail).
>>
>> Thunderbird has its own plugin to manage PGP keys (via Enigmail), I
>> guess.
>
> Okay, I installed Icedove and Enigmail, then sent signed message to
> myself. Icedove says that sign is well, mutt still claims that sign can
> not be verified (but it shows two lines which I mentioned before,
> between headers and body).
>
> So problem is in mutt's configuration, right?

Mmm, maybe.

You can launch Mutt in debug mode (mutt -d 3), so it logs any message to
"~/.muttdebug0".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 09:22:45AM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> (...)
>
> If this problem started when you imported your private key, then maybe
> that was not done correctly. Is there a step that needs to be taken
> besides simply importing? (I don't know the answer to that).

I think that now, when I already solved the problem, I can answer your
question. The answer is "no, there is no other steps required; simple key
import is enough".

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35 4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81
From: Alexander Batischev on
On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 09:25:31AM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> Hey, I just noticed that there are 2 different keys for you on the public key
> server. Are you sure you're using the right one to verify the
> signatures?

Yes, there are two keys - old one and new one. Unfortunately, old one was
created and uploaded when I just played with GPG, I didn't know about revoking
that time. At some moment I just lost that key, so now I can't delete it from
servers. That one which I use now is "new" or "current" one, and I use only it.