From: Peter Rubens on
On my pre-installed windows 7, 64bits home premium I can see .NET Framework
3.5 in the "program files" in
folder Microsoft.Net ,there are the versions v1,v2, v3.0 and v3.5.
How can I find out that .NET framework 3.5 sp1 is applied?
And if I just apply this download servicepack, will it screwup OSsystem?

__________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4723 (20091228) __________

Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
If Windows Update wants to install it, you don't have it. ;)

The general rule is that re-applying a service pack shouldn't break
anything.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Dominic Payer on
..NET 3.5.1 is installed as part of Windows 7. No service packs are
needed - yet. .NET 3.5.1 includes all the functions of earlier versions.

There are some poorly coded applications which insist on earlier
versions being installed. There are workrounds to install earlier
versions of .NET if necessary, but it should not be done unless essential.

From: Carlos on
Peter,
NET Framework 3.5 SP1 doesn't apply as a patch for Windows 7 as you can see
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7
If Windows Update doesn't offer it to you it means that it is an integral
part of the original 3.5 embedded in Windows 7.
Carlos