From: John Navas on
The US telephone company AT&T has blocked access to a website feature
that revealed details of at least 114,000 iPad users' e-mail
addresses.

Contact details for a range of high-profile figures, including White
House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel are believed to be among those
disclosed.

Hackers calling themselves Goatse Security revealed the flaw and
shared the data with Gawker Media.

Experts played down the risks, saying little critical data had been
lost.

AT&T, which is the only network offering iPad 3G services in the
United States, said it would notify all iPad users whose e-mail
adresses may have been accessed.

"We take customer privacy very seriously and while we have fixed this
problem, we apologize to our customers who were impacted," the
company said in a statement.

The vulnerability only involved iPad users who had signed up for
AT&T's 3G wireless service, and users of the iPad outside the US are
believed to be unaffected.

MORE: <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10282263.stm>

--
Best regards,
John

"It's a poor workman who blames his tools." [proverb]