From: Dotan Cohen on
On 9 February 2010 11:33, Camaleón <noelamac(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:08:47 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> It looks like LKL doesn't work.
>
> After a bit digging, it seems in fact to be a faulty package:
>
> lkl: not fit for release
>
> Sorry, I did not look further before recommending it O:-)

That's alright, you got me going in the right direction! I just needed
a little push.

> OTOH, it looks like there is not replacement for that utility :-?

I am having a hard time finding one! I will continue googling, if I
come up with anything then I will update the thread for the sake of
future archive diggers.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 11:40:09AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I am having a hard time finding one! I will continue googling, if I
> come up with anything then I will update the thread for the sake of
> future archive diggers.
Maybe xkey [1] does the trick for you? It's a sample program to
demonstrate what an attacker can do with access to your X server (i.e.
sniff keys).

[1] http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~tqiu/exploits/xkey.c

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/
From: Camaleón on
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:40:09 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 9 February 2010 11:33, Camaleón wrote:

>> OTOH, it looks like there is not replacement for that utility :-?
>>

> I am having a hard time finding one! I will continue googling, if I come
> up with anything then I will update the thread for the sake of future
> archive diggers.

Just for the record:

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=keylogger

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On 10-02-09 04:08:47, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> It looks like LKL doesn't work. Although it runs, it does not produce
> an output file. In online forums I see much mention of other people
> who cannot get it to work, yet no solutions. It might be that I am
> selecting the wrong keymap, how can I know which keymap I am
> currently
> using? Thanks!
>
> dotancohen(a)dcl:~$ sudo lkl -l -k '/usr/share/lkl/keymaps/us_km' -o
> /home/dotancohen/keylog
> Started to log port 0x60. Keymap is /usr/share/lkl/keymaps/us_km. The
> logfile is /home/dotancohen/keylog.

Its probably the port, as a wrong keymap would produce wrong output.
LKL only works with old-style keyboards, not USB. I see on the LKL
sourceforge page a recommendation for logkeys[1], but it may be too
high level for your specific need.

You might try a search for "linux keylogger usb".

[1] <http://code.google.com/p/logkeys>

On 9 February 2010 12:55, Sascha Silbe <sascha-ml-debian-user(a)silbe.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 11:40:09AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> I am having a hard time finding one! I will continue googling, if I
>> come up with anything then I will update the thread for the sake of
>> future archive diggers.
>
> Maybe xkey [1] does the trick for you? It's a sample program to demonstrate
> what an attacker can do with access to your X server (i.e. sniff keys).
>

> [1] http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~tqiu/exploits/xkey.c

‎That tool seems to be intended for those who really understand things
at a deep level. Thanks, but it is a bit advanced for me.