From: Jim on
Hello,

I would like to purchase a second-hand copy of DynaZip version 5. I
would need to acquire the ORIGINAL disk and your rights to use and
distribute the software. You would no longer have the right to use or
distribute it.

Please contact me if you have a licensed copy of DynaZip 5 that you no
longer need and wish to sell.

Thank you!

Jim Whitehead
From: Stephen Howe on
>I would like to purchase a second-hand copy of DynaZip version 5. I
>would need to acquire the ORIGINAL disk and your rights to use and
>distribute the software. You would no longer have the right to use or
>distribute it.
>
>Please contact me if you have a licensed copy of DynaZip 5 that you no
>longer need and wish to sell.

We have working copy of DynaZip 5 but we wish to retain it (it is in use every day).
I tried recently to buy DynaZip 5 GZip but no chance.
ComponentSource had withdrawn all copies for sale.

I did talk to the authors. They wanted $10,000 and that would give you a license to the source.
Too expensive for us.

I dont know what they could not make it freeware or keep selling it, why withdraw?

From: Jim on
On Feb 24, 5:34 pm, Stephen Howe <sjhoweATdialDOTpipexDOTcom> wrote:
> >I would like to purchase a second-hand copy of DynaZip version 5.  I
> >would need to acquire the ORIGINAL disk and your rights to use and
> >distribute the software.  You would no longer have the right to use or
> >distribute it.
>
> >Please contact me if you have a licensed copy of DynaZip 5 that you no
> >longer need and wish to sell.
>
> We have working copy of DynaZip 5 but we wish to retain it (it is in use every day).
> I tried recently to buy DynaZip 5 GZip but no chance.
> ComponentSource had withdrawn all copies for sale.
>
> I did talk to the authors. They wanted $10,000 and that would give you a license to the source.
> Too expensive for us.
>
> I dont know what they could not make it freeware or keep selling it, why withdraw?

Thanks, Stephen. We own an older copy of DynaZip, and simply want to
distribute fixes in their newer DLLs. We already have the newer DLLs
from another application, so all we are asking for is a license to
distribute these DLLs. But they only offer the source code option.

Pages: 1
Prev: ANN: Seed7 Release 2010-02-21
Next: Max Flow