From: Jari Fredriksson on
On 3.3.2010 17:42, green wrote:
> Jari Fredriksson wrote at 2010-03-03 07:52 -0600:
>> On 3.3.2010 3:38, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> SA, which is "attached" to Postfix, isn't doing what I think it should
>>> do. According to instructions I found on the Intarweb, per-user
>>> whitelist addresses go in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs with the format:
>>> whitelist_from foo(a)bar.com
>>
>> Side note: "whitelist_from" is the most dangerous variant of those
>> whitelist commands in SA. "whitelist_auth" of "whitelist_from_rcvd"
>> should be used, if at all possible.
>>
>> whitelist_from accepts also spam, if the sender address is forged, which
>> most often is in spam or virii.
>
> Unfortunately whitelist_from_rcvd requires a second "relay rDNS" parameter, and
> whitelist_auth requires SPF or DKIM.
>
> Is it possible to have something like whitelist_from_rcvd without the second
> required parameter?

No, but it should be possible to find the relay by looking into some
is a laptop user moving from network to another, that does not work.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

And do you think (fop that I am) that I could be the Scarlet Pumpernickel?

From: Ron Johnson on
On 2010-03-03 01:09, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-03-02 21:54, green wrote:
>> Ron Johnson wrote at 2010-03-02 19:38 -0600:
>>> per-user whitelist addresses go in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs with
>>> the format:
>>> whitelist_from foo(a)bar.com
>>
>>> However, whitelisted accounts are still being scored as spam. Any
>>> thoughts?
>>
>> Perhaps you need the line:
>> allow_user_rules 1
>> in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
>
> Thanks. I'll see how that worked.

No luck.

Added "allow_user_rules 1" to /etc/spamassassin/local.cf but
foo(a)bar.com is still getting scored highly.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:59:59 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 2010-03-03 01:09, Ron Johnson wrote:

>>> Perhaps you need the line:
>>> allow_user_rules 1
>>> in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
>>
>> Thanks. I'll see how that worked.
>>

> No luck.
>
> Added "allow_user_rules 1" to /etc/spamassassin/local.cf but foo(a)bar.com
> is still getting scored highly.

Mmmm, what MTA/POP3/IMAP design are you using? Are your pop3/imap users
same as system users or you are storing users in a separate db place
(mysql table, sasl2...)?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On 2010-03-04 08:15, Camaleón wrote:

>>> Thanks. I'll see how that worked.
>>>

>> No luck.
>>
>> Added "allow_user_rules 1" to /etc/spamassassin/local.cf but foo(a)bar.com
>> is still getting scored highly.
>
> Mmmm, what MTA/POP3/IMAP design are you using?

fetchmail/postfix/spamassassin/maildrop

$ grep spam /etc/postfix/master.cf
smtp inet n - n - - \
smtpd -o content_filter=spamfilter:
spamfilter unix - n n - - pipe flags=Rq user=spamfilter \
argv=/usr/local/bin/spamfilter.sh \
-f ${sender} -- ${recipient}

> Are your pop3/imap users
> same as system users or you are storing users in a separate db place
> (mysql table, sasl2...)?

System users. There's just 4 of us, and each user has a crontab
entry which calls fetchmail every 5-6 minutes. (I'm sure that's
different from how most people do it, but it works for us...)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms." Mike Ditka

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 16:34:46 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 2010-03-04 08:15, Camaleón wrote:

>> Mmmm, what MTA/POP3/IMAP design are you using?
>
> fetchmail/postfix/spamassassin/maildrop
>
> $ grep spam /etc/postfix/master.cf
> smtp inet n - n - - \
> smtpd -o content_filter=spamfilter:
> spamfilter unix - n n - - pipe flags=Rq user=spamfilter \
> argv=/usr/local/bin/spamfilter.sh \
> -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}

Mmmm... are you using spamd/spamc?

I ask because I think spamd/spamc can change its uid to read/write into
the users folders but it seems you are invoking spamfilter as user
"spamfilter" and maybe that user has not the rights to read the users
config files :-?

>> Are your pop3/imap users
>> same as system users or you are storing users in a separate db place
>> (mysql table, sasl2...)?
>>

> System users. There's just 4 of us, and each user has a crontab entry
> which calls fetchmail every 5-6 minutes. (I'm sure that's different
> from how most people do it, but it works for us...)

Try by running "spamassassin -D --lint" and watch the "config: read file"
output lines.

Look, when I run "spamassassin -D --lint" as the user calling spamd
(sm02) I get:

***
[8059] dbg: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/65_debian.cf
[8059] dbg: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
[8059] dbg: config: using "/home/sm02/.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user
prefs file
***

But when runned as "root" I get:

***
[8066] dbg: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/65_debian.cf
[8066] dbg: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
***

It cannot read the user's config file.

Greetings,

--