From: Ron Johnson on
Hi,

(Up-to-date Sid system.)

SA, which is "attached" to Postfix, isn't doing what I think it
should do. According to instructions I found on the Intarweb,
per-user whitelist addresses go in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs with
the format:
whitelist_from foo(a)bar.com

(Yes, I restarted SA after adding the entries, and the machine has
even been rebooted since then.)

However, whitelisted accounts are still being scored as spam. Any
thoughts?

Thanks.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.

Ron Johnson wrote at 2010-03-02 19:38 -0600:
> per-user whitelist addresses go in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs with
> the format:
> whitelist_from foo(a)bar.com

> However, whitelisted accounts are still being scored as spam. Any
> thoughts?

Perhaps you need the line:
allow_user_rules 1
in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
From: Ron Johnson on
On 2010-03-02 21:54, green wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote at 2010-03-02 19:38 -0600:
>> per-user whitelist addresses go in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs with
>> the format:
>> whitelist_from foo(a)bar.com
>
>> However, whitelisted accounts are still being scored as spam. Any
>> thoughts?
>
> Perhaps you need the line:
> allow_user_rules 1
> in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf

Thanks. I'll see how that worked.

On 3.3.2010 3:38, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Up-to-date Sid system.)
>
> SA, which is "attached" to Postfix, isn't doing what I think it should
> do. According to instructions I found on the Intarweb, per-user
> whitelist addresses go in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs with the format:
> whitelist_from foo(a)bar.com

Side note: "whitelist_from" is the most dangerous variant of those
whitelist commands in SA. "whitelist_auth" of "whitelist_from_rcvd"
should be used, if at all possible.

whitelist_from accepts also spam, if the sender address is forged, which
most often is in spam or virii.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Don't get stuck in a closet -- wear yourself out.

From: green on
Jari Fredriksson wrote at 2010-03-03 07:52 -0600:
> On 3.3.2010 3:38, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > SA, which is "attached" to Postfix, isn't doing what I think it should
> > do. According to instructions I found on the Intarweb, per-user
> > whitelist addresses go in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs with the format:
> > whitelist_from foo(a)bar.com
>
> Side note: "whitelist_from" is the most dangerous variant of those
> whitelist commands in SA. "whitelist_auth" of "whitelist_from_rcvd"
> should be used, if at all possible.
>
> whitelist_from accepts also spam, if the sender address is forged, which
> most often is in spam or virii.

Unfortunately whitelist_from_rcvd requires a second "relay rDNS" parameter, and
whitelist_auth requires SPF or DKIM.

Is it possible to have something like whitelist_from_rcvd without the second
required parameter?