From: Sue... on
On Dec 3, 11:52 am, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:
> "Sue..." <suzysewns...(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote innews:20b4bed5-5a84-4708-bdd0-2107c8a153d1(a)r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Dec 3, 8:10 am, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:
> > [...]
>
> > BTW... Einstein wanted to exclude pendulum clocks from his
> > 1905 paper because they use the system they are
> > responding to as an intrinsic component.
>
> > By the same standards, the muon is disqualified
> > as a time standard.
>
> The coherence length of your postings approaches zero.
>
> Muons do NOT oscillate up and down along a path, exchanging KE with PE as
> do pendulum. Pendulum periods depend on the length of the pendulum and the
> strength of gravity at the particular location.
>
> Although muons are expected to be influenced by Sagnac effect, by the
> strength of the swartzchild metric, and by their relativistic velocity,
> this is no more than can be said of ANY clock.
>
> Muons are only part of the system being studied in the same way that any
> part of reality is part of reality.
>
> You have yet to show ANY _relevant_ quote that would exclude clocks other
> than light clocks from relativistic effects.

Ond light clock inside the ship and one light clock
outside the ship should make that perfectly clear.

But not to a person who thinks light moves like
a massive particle.

It will be impossible for me to compare light clocks
for a mode of propagation which exist only between
your and probably Einstein's ears.

<<Now, does not the prize to Einstein imply
that the Academy recognised the particle
nature of light? The Nobel Committee says
that Einstein had found that the energy exchange
between matter and ether occurs by atoms emitting
or absorbing a quantum of energy,hv .

As a consequence of the new concept of light quanta
(in modern terminology photons) Einstein proposed the
law that an electron emitted from a substance by
monochromatic light with the frequency has to have
a maximum energy of E=hv-p, where p is the energy needed to
remove the electron from the substance. Robert Andrews
Millikan carried out a series of measurements over a
period of 10 years, finally confirming the validity of this
law in 1916 with great accuracy. Millikan had, however,
found the idea of light quanta to be unfamiliar and strange.

The Nobel Committee avoids committing itself to the
particle concept. Light-quanta or with modern terminology,
photons, were explicitly mentioned in the reports on
which the prize decision rested only in connection with
emission and absorption processes. The Committee says
that the most important application of Einstein's photoelectric
law and also its most convincing confirmation has come from
the use Bohr made of it in his theory of atoms, which explains
a vast amount of spectroscopic data. >>
http://nobelprize.org/physics/articles/ekspong/index.html

When asked if light moves inertially you say no...
....then continue with your calculations as tho it
were moving inertially (like a massive particle).

If I say "Does like move inertially?" (like a massive particle)
Can you say:
1 <<A Lorentz transformation or any other coordinate
transformation will convert electric or magnetic
fields into mixtures of electric and magnetic fields,
but no transformation mixes them with the
gravitational field. >>
http://www.aip.org/pt/vol-58/iss-11/p31.html

???

If your understanding of EM and inertia
leaves any doubt in your mind about Weinberg's
statement above, (IOW you still assume
Newton's inertial ether in calculations of light paths)
then you will be misinterpreting any
illustration I offer. It will be a total
waste of your time and my time.

A faster resolution is my second claim.
If you say the traveler comes home to a
hariy sibling, then the theory you are
hawking (pun intended) must be bunk because
I belieive:

2 <<it is impossible to perform a physical experiment
which differentiates in any fundamental sense between
different inertial frames. >>
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html

Sue...

From: bz on
"Sue..." <suzysewnshow(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in news:2d645ac9-58a2-4b0d-90de-
77ca81f9ddb1(a)a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> A faster resolution is my second claim.
> If you say the traveler comes home to a
> hariy sibling, then the theory you are
> hawking (pun intended) must be bunk because
> I belieive:
>
> 2 <<it is impossible to perform a physical experiment
> which differentiates in any fundamental sense between
> different inertial frames. >>
> http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html

Since any round trip involves [at a minimum] changing from one inertial
frame to another, the impossibility of performing a physical experiment
which differentiates in any fundamental way between inertial frames is
moot.

There is nothing in that quote that implies one can freely jump from one
inertial frame to another without consequences, but that is exactly what
you seem to take it to mean.

That strange idea IS in line with your statements indicating that the clock
on an outbound relativistic ship would stay in sync with an earthbound
clock, however.

And it is in line with other statements you have made that indicate you
believe time is absolute.

Since you seem to hold those beliefs, I don't understand how you can cite
Einstein as an authority, when he has repeatedly pointed out the relativity
of simultaneity and you are holding the idea that simultaneity is absolute,
not relative at all

In fact, I don't see how you can believe in any kind of relativity that has
been developed since newton's relativity, which seems to be what you are
holding for.

--
bz

infinite set.

bz+spr(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
From: Sue... on
On Dec 3, 3:31 pm, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:
> "Sue..." <suzysewns...(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in news:2d645ac9-58a2-4b0d-90de-
> 77ca81f9d...(a)a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > A faster resolution is my second claim.
> > If you say the traveler comes home to a
> > hariy sibling, then the theory you are
> > hawking (pun intended) must be bunk because
> > I belieive:
>
> > 2 <<it is impossible to perform a physical experiment
> > which differentiates in any fundamental sense between
> > different inertial frames. >>
> >http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html
>
> Since any round trip involves [at a minimum] changing from one inertial
> frame to another, the impossibility of performing a physical experiment
> which differentiates in any fundamental way between inertial frames is
> moot.
>
> There is nothing in that quote that implies one can freely jump from one
> inertial frame to another without consequences, but that is exactly what
> you seem to take it to mean.

Then it is the theorist burden to show decreased hair growth
is a consequence of physically reversing directions.

> That strange idea IS in line with your statements indicating that the clock
> on an outbound relativistic ship would stay in sync with an earthbound
> clock, however.

Did you say "relativstic" ship? You really should learn
how the equations differ for near and far fields.

<< Figure 3: The wave impedance measures
the relative strength of electric and magnetic
fields. It is a function of source [absorber] structure. >>
Formerly: http://www.conformity.com/0102reflections.html
http://www.sm.luth.se/~urban/master/Theory/3.html

You will probably find that some of the equations
differ.

But you don't have a near and far field with light
particles Eh?

> And it is in line with other statements you have made that indicate you
> believe time is absolute.
>
> Since you seem to hold those beliefs, I don't understand how you can cite
> Einstein as an authority, when he has repeatedly pointed out the relativity
> of simultaneity and you are holding the idea that simultaneity is absolute,
> not relative at all
>
> In fact, I don't see how you can believe in any kind of relativity that has
> been developed since newton's relativity, which seems to be what you are
> holding for.

You think the two statements I offerd are Newton's relativity
but your ether responsive clocks are not?

I think you have something backward; including how to
interpret an anomalously aged twin at the end of the experiment.

Sue...

From: Daryl McCullough on
Sue... says...

>If you say the traveler comes home to a
>hariy sibling, then the theory you are
>hawking (pun intended) must be bunk because
>I belieive:
>
>2 <<it is impossible to perform a physical experiment
>which differentiates in any fundamental sense between
>different inertial frames. >>
>http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html

The difference in ages of the two traveling twins does *not*
allow for an experiment that will distinguish different
inertial frames.

Pick *ANY* inertial frame F. If, as measured in that frame,
a traveler zooms off at speed .8c for 10 years, turns around,
and comes back at .8c, then that traveler will only age 12
years, rather than 20. This prediction holds for *every*
inertial frame, so how can it be used to distinguish
different frames?

It can't. You (as always) don't know what you are talking
about.

--
Daryl McCullough
Ithaca, NY

From: Sue... on
On Dec 3, 3:31 pm, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:
[...]
> And it is in line with other statements you have made that indicate you
> believe time is absolute.

Can you convince me it is not?

Assume clocks do not slow with motion.
Assume light is a wave propagating in dielectric of free-space.
Assume this statement is true:

1 <<A Lorentz transformation or any other coordinate
transformation will convert electric or magnetic
fields into mixtures of electric and magnetic fields,
but no transformation mixes them with the
gravitational field. >>
http://www.aip.org/pt/vol-58/iss-11/p31.html

What causality violating scenario can you devise
to show PoR conflicts with a constant
speed of light in the dielectric of free space?

I constantly see it refered to, but I can't
imagine what it is.

Sue...