From: Sue... on
On Dec 6, 2:29 am, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:

> Show me where he says that THAT tau does not effect anything
> but light clocks exposed to the dielectric medium of free space.
>
> Show me where he goes back to applying properties of 'parts that can be
> tracked through time' to aether.
>
> Spoil my delusions.

See the post by John Kennauh:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/browse_thread/thread/25778eee3b46ea68#

Sue...

From: Sue... on
On Dec 6, 2:29 am, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:
[...]
> Aw, come on, spoil my delusions.
>
> Show me where Einstein drinks of the Sue cup of aether.
>
> Show me where he recants.

I am not an Einstin worshiper so it matters not to me.

But since you seem to be of the opinion anemomemters
work whether indoors or outdoors perhaps you can
sugggest an air density where a laser anemometer
will stop working.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=laser+anemometer&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Hints:
"Propagation in a dielectric medium"
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node98.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_space
http://www-ssg.sr.unh.edu/ism/what.html

Sue...

From: bz on
"Sue..." <suzysewnshow(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in

> On Dec 6, 2:29 am, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:
>

>> Show me where he says that THAT tau does not effect anything
>> but light clocks exposed to the dielectric medium of free space.
>>
>> Show me where he goes back to applying properties of 'parts that can be
>> tracked through time' to aether.
>>
>> Spoil my delusions.
>
> See the post by John Kennauh:
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/browse_thread/threa
> d/25778eee3b46ea68#

That is John Kennaugh, and no thank you, I am aware of his opinions of
science.

YOU claimed that Einstein changed his opinion and implied that he adopted
your aether like 'dielectric properties' idea. I challenge YOU to produce
evidence to support YOUR position.

I showed you where one of your favorite quotes from Einstein's 1920 talk,
when shown in context, makes the point opposite to what you are claiming.

So far, every time I read one of your [mainstream] citations, I find that
it fails to support the point for which you cited it.

As for the 'not found', I guess they took the page down after they sold me
their last unit. Here is a link to the same device
http://www.rigexpert.ua/index?s=aa200

Now all I need to do is find some 'dielectric medium' so I can measure its
properties with my light clock.

--
bz

infinite set.

bz+spr(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
From: bz on

> On Dec 6, 2:29 am, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Aw, come on, spoil my delusions.
>>
>> Show me where Einstein drinks of the Sue cup of aether.
>>
>> Show me where he recants.
>
> I am not an Einstin worshiper so it matters not to me.

I don't worship Einstin nor Einstein, but we HAVE been discussing some
effects he is famous for predicting, that have been later observed.

> But since you seem to be of the opinion anemomemters
> work whether indoors or outdoors

You can't honestly believe I ever said any such thing. But I will state
"anemometers work, whether indoors or outdoors". You see, in the late
70's, early 80's I worked for Kemron Environmental services. I did board
repair on the Data General Micro Nova computers they used to gather data
in the field and I fixed instruments. Their usual field site included
equipment to monitor wind speed, wind direction,RH, temperature, SOx, NOx,
Ozone, Particulates and PaH. I have repaired and calibrated anemometers.
We had thermal and cup types. They work just fine indoors. Of course, they
measure the wind speed INDOORS in such a case.

I have never seen an anemomemter but perhaps the extra m is the reason
yours doesn't work.

> perhaps you can
> suggest an air density where a laser anemometer
> will stop working.

They cease to work when the anemo ends, of course.

But meanwhile, back to the point or more likely, Sue's avoidance of it:

> Hints:
> "Propagation in a dielectric medium"
> http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node98.html
[quote]
Maxwell's equations for the propagation of electromagnetic waves through a
dielectric medium are the same as Maxwell's equations for the propagation
of waves through a vacuum (see Sect. 4.7), except that $c\rightarrow c/n$,
[unquote]
In other words, EM moves slower in a dielectric medium than through a
vacuum.

Nothing there to indicate that space itself is to be considered a static
dielectric medium.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_space
[quote]
Free space conveys that the region is absolutely devoid of matter and has
no external fields or forces other than those considered in the problem at
hand. Free space, with a gaseous pressure of absolute zero is a
mathematical idealization. ....
The United States Patent Office defines "free space" for radio and radar
applications as "space where the movement of energy in any direction is
substantially unimpeded, such as the atmosphere, the ocean, or the earth".
[end quote]

Nothing there to indicate that space itself is to be considered a static
dielectric medium. Nothing to invalidated the LE transforms for time.

> http://www-ssg.sr.unh.edu/ism/what.html
[quote]
At first glance, the term "Interstellar Medium" may seem a little
intimidating. It does not have to be, however. As with any difficult term,
it helps to break the word up to see where it comes from: [unquote]

Nothing there to support any of Sue contentions. I am not intimidated by
intersteller medium and they say nothing to support Sue's contention that a
clock on a ship departing earth at relativisitic speeds would stay in sync
with an earthbound clock.

Have you ever seen one of those movie scenes where a car full of keystone
kops is chasing an old truck full of junk and Laurel or Hardy, in the
truck keeps throwing junk into the road to slow down the kops? When ever I
read one of your posts, I get the impression that you are throwing out
citations like Laural and Hardy threw out junk.

From: Sue... on
On Dec 6, 7:52 am, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:
> "Sue..." <suzysewns...(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote innews:08f859d8-a4a6-4203-9fc4-5006e965d68d(a)a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Dec 6, 2:29 am, bz <bz+...(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu> wrote:
>
> >> Show me where he says that THAT tau does not effect anything
> >> but light clocks exposed to the dielectric medium of free space.
>
> >> Show me where he goes back to applying properties of 'parts that can be
> >> tracked through time' to aether.
>
> >> Spoil my delusions.
>
> > See the post by John Kennauh:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/browse_thread/t...
> > d/25778eee3b46ea68#
>
> That is John Kennaugh, and no thank you, I am aware of his opinions of
> science.
>
> YOU claimed that Einstein changed his opinion and implied that he adopted
> your aether like 'dielectric properties' idea. I challenge YOU to produce
> evidence to support YOUR position.

I found a reference that refers to that as folk lore.
That doesn't change my position.

If he never changed his view It suggests he never
recognised that sound and light don't have the same
propagation mode through a gas. He suggest that
they do in the paper you excerped from:
http://www.mountainman.com.au/aether_0.html

Hydrogen and helium are easily detected so
you must be refering to something different
with your notions of ether.

I have to side with de Sitter on this one.

You and Henri and Androcles can look for loopholes
in Einstein's holy words that permits particle light
moving as tho influenced by inertia.

> I showed you where one of your favorite quotes from Einstein's 1920 talk,
> when shown in context, makes the point opposite to what you are claiming.
>
> So far, every time I read one of your [mainstream] citations, I find that
> it fails to support the point for which you cited it.

Tunnel vision will do that to ya.

There are two kinds of people that like particle light:

1. Those that are really good with statistics.

2. Those that are really bad with Maxwell's equations. :o)

Isotropic source indeed!
<< it is impossible to construct, or even envisage,
a perfect isotropic radiator >>
http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/D.Jefferies/antennas.html

> As for the 'not found', I guess they took the page down after they sold me
> their last unit. Here is a link to the same device
> http://www.rigexpert.ua/index?s=aa200

Cool! Back when MF broadcasting used high Q multi-element
arrays, a flat complex feed point was essential to achieve
correct sideband balance. So the principle should work OK
in reverse if they have their processing code in order.

> Now all I need to do is find some 'dielectric medium' so I can measure its
> properties with my light clock.

Take it to Wettzell and see if it can measure the helium neon gas
that the earth is sloshing around. :o)

Sue...