From: Jeckyl on
"Sue..." <suzysewnshow(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>Student's of physical phenomena don't typically distingush
>themselves in spelling or typing skills so great latitude
>is normally offered in these areas.
>
>Go post to some right-wing blog 'till you sober up.

And yet again .. more nonsense from Sue .. she just doesn't have the ability
to discuss relativity rationally. Doesn't even understand the twins paradox
... no even what is meant by a paradox .. and has the gall to comment on it.
Pathetic.

From: Bryan Olson on
Sue... wrote:
> Bryan Olson wrote:
> [Sue wrote]
>>> That is your *belief*.
>>> If you read the whole webpage, you *belief* may change.

>> I had done that much, but reading Daryl's response, I see
>> I had misread that bit. It means sensible as in detectable
>> by sensors, not as in making sense.
>
> You have a URL to Einstein's lecture (~page8) You can
> decide for youself if Daryl gives a fair interpretation
> of Einstein's view of Mach's principle.

Daryl posted good stuff here, and I've become convinced
of f Einstein's theory despite my former disbelief. Sue, if
you want to off about tangential issues, I suggest you first
issue all those retractions you owe for the what you falsely
contradicted already.

> If you are selling Newton's inertial ether you might
> say the inertial ather is "affected".

Any pitch for "Newton's inertial ether" in our discussions
is all your own.

> Daryly, Jeckly, Bz, Paparios have taken a position
> suggesting violations of PoR and other effects that
> can only occur in the inertial ether of Newton
> which was undeteced by MMX and undetetected to date.

You tell not the truth. Jeckyl concluded that you are a
liar, and though I understand his anger at you making up
a wrong position for him after he so carefully explained
how things are, I give you the benefit of the doubt; I
suspect you are honestly self-deluded.

> I have taken Einstein's position using his own
> words and the two most widely accpeted experiments
> supportive of his theory.

No Sue, that's not how it is in this thread. Einstein
held that the twin paradox is a consequence of relativity.
You had it as the "twins myth".

[...]
> "ALL inertial frames are totally equivalent
> for the performance of *ALL* physical experiments. "
> [spatially and *temporally* as mathpages points out]
> http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html

So retract all that nonsense you wrote about how we need
to consider a bunch of different clock types, and even
specific biological mechanisms. *All* temporal phenomena
are similarly effected by relative inertial motion. Once
again your references agrees with me and contradicts
yourself.

> Citing what you were taught in a class carries no weight
> in science.

Hey, I referenced university curricula just because you
did, and I checked out the ones you chose to cite. I showed
the very schools you named teach as science what you called
myth. If you did not think what MIT teaches to be relevant,
maybe *you* should not have brought it up.

--
--Bryan
From: Sue... on
On Dec 21, 7:13 am, Bryan Olson <fakeaddr...(a)nowhere.org> wrote:
[...]
> So retract all that nonsense you wrote about how we need
> to consider a bunch of different clock types, and even
> specific biological mechanisms. *All* temporal phenomena
> are similarly effected by relative inertial motion. Once
> again your references agrees with me and contradicts
> yourself.

Newton's ether is required to compute any effect.

0 = 0

I only stated that a light_clock could detect motion
if it included a path through the dielectric of free space.
(Doppler effect) Einstein says the same in his 1920 paper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_space
http://www-ssg.sr.unh.edu/ism/what.html

That is not an inertial effect because light is massless and
it is not a violation of PoR as Fitzpartick explains:

<<...where and are physical constants which can be
evaluated by performing two simple experiments which
involve measuring the force of attraction between two
fixed changes and two fixed parallel current carrying
wires. According to the relativity principle these
experiments must yield the same values for and in
all inertial frames. Thus, the speed of light must
be the same in all inertial frames. >>
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html

> > Citing what you were taught in a class carries no weight
> > in science.
>
> Hey, I referenced university curricula just because you
> did, and I checked out the ones you chose to cite. I showed
> the very schools you named teach as science what you called
> myth. If you did not think what MIT teaches to be relevant,
> maybe *you* should not have brought it up.

There is plenty of old teaching material still using the
*twins paradox* and even Newton's corpuscular light.
You might inquire directly of the institutions why
Fitzpatrick's course differs from Guth's material with
regard to the twin's paradox. Fitz's stuff is subject
to intense peer review because is it used both
in-class and online at the graduate and undergraduate
level by aspiring atrophysicits, plasma physicists
and health-care workers etc. etc.
It is no basketweaving course if you didn't notice
from the rigour and detail in the derivations.

Your question re: MIT vs. UTexas
is also worth posting to sci.physics.research
where a few *real* physics professors post and
the drunkards and spammers will be squelched by
the moderators.

Sue...

From: Jeckyl on
>On Dec 21, 7:13 am, Bryan Olson <fakeaddr...(a)nowhere.org> wrote:
>[...]
>>
>> So retract all that nonsense you wrote about how we need
>> to consider a bunch of different clock types, and even
>> specific biological mechanisms. *All* temporal phenomena
>> are similarly effected by relative inertial motion. Once
>> again your references agrees with me and contradicts
>> yourself.
>
>Newton's ether is required to compute any effect.
>
> 0 = 0

What a load of old rubbish

> I only stated that a light_clock could detect motion

You said the twins paradox effect did not happen and contradicits PoR.

[snip ireelvance]
> There is plenty of old teaching material still using the
> *twins paradox* and even Newton's corpuscular light.

What a load of old codswallop. Twins paradox is still taught because IT IS
STILL VALID.

[snip more waffling irrelevance by Sue trying to distract from her blatant
errors and lies]

From: Bryan Olson on
Sue... wrote:
> Bryan Olson wrote:
> [...]
>> So retract all that nonsense you wrote about how we need
>> to consider a bunch of different clock types, and even
>> specific biological mechanisms. *All* temporal phenomena
>> are similarly effected by relative inertial motion. Once
>> again your references agrees with me and contradicts
>> yourself.
>
> Newton's ether is required to compute any effect.
>
> 0 = 0
>
> I only stated that a light_clock could detect motion
> if it included a path through the dielectric of free space.

The reference you offered for you light clock did not say
anything about such a thing.

http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/vectors/u3l1f.html

And no, Sue, you did not only state that much. You were on
about a bunch of different kinds of clocks.

> (Doppler effect) Einstein says the same in his 1920 paper.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_space
> http://www-ssg.sr.unh.edu/ism/what.html

Once again Sue's links do not say what she says implies they do.

> That is not an inertial effect because light is massless and
> it is not a violation of PoR as Fitzpartick explains:
>
> <<...where and are physical constants which can be
> evaluated by performing two simple experiments which
> involve measuring the force of attraction between two
> fixed changes and two fixed parallel current carrying
> wires. According to the relativity principle these
> experiments must yield the same values for and in
> all inertial frames. Thus, the speed of light must
> be the same in all inertial frames. >>
> http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html

So none of those can detect inertial motion of the
experiment. Now where does he say that your mechanism can?

>>> Citing what you were taught in a class carries no weight
>>> in science.

>> Hey, I referenced university curricula just because you
>> did, and I checked out the ones you chose to cite. I showed
>> the very schools you named teach as science what you called
>> myth. If you did not think what MIT teaches to be relevant,
>> maybe *you* should not have brought it up.
>
> There is plenty of old teaching material still using the
> *twins paradox* and even Newton's corpuscular light.

The quiz was from 2005. There's some more recent material too,
but the quiz was a good example because it came with the
answers.

> You might inquire directly of the institutions why
> Fitzpatrick's course differs from Guth's material with
> regard to the twin's paradox.

I found that already. Where Fitzpatrick teaches, it's covered
in a different course.

> Fitz's stuff is subject
> to intense peer review because is it used both [...]

One thing Fitzpatrick's stuff does not do, at least as far
as you've been able to cite here, is side with your "twins
myth" position.

--
--Bryan