From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. on
On Monday 08 February 2010 12:15:13 MPR wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 1:51 AM, marc <gmane(a)auxbuss.com> wrote:
> > Please switch off HTML.
>
> Please join the 21st century. It's not 1990 any more. Mail clients
> have come a long way.

Still, HTML is not welcome on this list. Please see the code of conduct
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct for Debian mailing lists. I
believe the 8th bullet point covers this case.

While it may not convince anyone one way or the other, I simply ignore any
HTML-only email. So, I won't be providing help to anyone using HTML-only
email. I strongly suspect there are others like me on this list as well. To
reach the largest audience, posting in plain-text is preferred.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss(a)iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))
From: Andrei Popescu on
On Mon,08.Feb.10, 12:43:11, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> While it may not convince anyone one way or the other, I simply ignore any
> HTML-only email. So, I won't be providing help to anyone using HTML-only
> email. I strongly suspect there are others like me on this list as well. To
> reach the largest audience, posting in plain-text is preferred.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the list software is dropping
html-only mails ;)

Regards,
Andrei