From: Kimmy Boyer on
On Tue, 25 May 2010 05:46:09 +0000 (UTC), Judy Zappacosta wrote:

> It would be nice to be inexpensive but also allow an external antenna in
> case I needed extra range (I sometimes try to go wireless in the back
> yard).

Pics please!!!
--
zakAT(a)pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!
From: Mohamed Elshayal on
On Tue, 25 May 2010 00:29:29 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

> Hmmm,
> Some different brand card does not like to talk each other smoothly.
> Just to minimize the possible unexpected headaches stay with same brand.

Never fun to make of someone who speaks English with brokenness.
It means another language is freind!
From: alexd on
On 25/05/10 21:02, Mohamed Elshayal wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2010 00:29:29 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:
>
>> Hmmm,
>> Some different brand card does not like to talk each other smoothly.
>> Just to minimize the possible unexpected headaches stay with same brand.
>
> Never fun to make of someone who speaks English with brokenness.
> It means another language is freind!

Well that's what I was thinking, but didn't have the guts to say.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
21:27:26 up 28 days, 22:05, 0 users, load average: 0.07, 0.74, 0.90
From: TBerk on
On May 25, 1:02 pm, Kimmy Boyer <KimaBo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2010 05:46:09 +0000 (UTC), Judy Zappacosta wrote:
> > It would be nice to be inexpensive but also allow an external antenna in
> > case I needed extra range (I sometimes try to go wireless in the back
> > yard).
>
> Pics please!!!
> --
> za...(a)pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
> Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!

I to was going to comment on going wireless in the backyard, and the
neighbors and everything but I hadn't thought to ask for pictures.

Back on topic; not to hijack the thread but is there a break even
point where the hardware supports pccard (pcmcia) but won't really
support later network protocols, like 80211.N for example?

This might influence the choice of pccard, wouldn't it?

TBerk
I telescope in the backyard on the regular, but I've only gone
wireless a few times...