From: Steve on

In upgrading from lenny to sid my new kernel fails to boot my encrypted
lvm volume. Unpacking initrd I find cryptsetup is looking for /dev/hda3.
This is correct for lenny (2.6.26) , but under sid (2.6.32)
its /dev/sda3. Edited and repacked boots fine. If I could understand
how initramfs builds the image maybe I could suggest a fix, or at least
report a bug.

grep of /etc/initramfs-tools/... for hda, crypt or boot returns nothing
useful. Where else should I look?

steve

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 12:31:48 Steve wrote:
> In upgrading from lenny to sid my new kernel fails to boot my encrypted
> lvm volume. Unpacking initrd I find cryptsetup is looking for /dev/hda3.
> This is correct for lenny (2.6.26) , but under sid (2.6.32)
> its /dev/sda3.
>
> Where should I look?

/etc/fstab?
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss(a)iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))
From: Chris Davies on
Steve <newsdebian(a)jetcity.org> wrote:
> grep of /etc/initramfs-tools/... for hda, crypt or boot returns nothing
> useful. Where else should I look?

/usr/share/initramfs-tools

Chris

On Tuesday 27 April 2010, Chris Davies wrote:
> Steve <newsdebian(a)jetcity.org> wrote:
> > grep of /etc/initramfs-tools/... for hda, crypt or boot returns
> > nothing useful. Where else should I look?
>
> /usr/share/initramfs-tools
>
> Chris

Thanks Chris! I shouda looked harder.

Pages: 1