From: Sardine on
R.C. : Thank you for the details, you offer a clear picture of the subject.

Sard

From: Carlos on
Charlie,
And it is also quite handy as a recovery environment.
Somehow my boot was screwed up when testing a liveCD (Geexbox) and I didn't
had to resort to my installation DVD.
The reserved partition software took care of everything and fixed my no-boot
situation.
Carlos

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Yes, that's where the recovery files are. Again, they need to be on a
non-encrypted partition, and thus reside here for the scenario where
BitLocker is used on the C: drive.

It's also a recognition that HDs have gotten very large indeed, and the
"loss" of a small portion like this doesn't significantly impact the
effective size.