From: Bob AZ on
> And this is the last windows Vista drivers...
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_175.19_whql.html
>
> I suggest you download both... just in case you want to upgrade to Vista
> at some point. �But, this won't work with XP...!!!
>
> James- Hide quoted text -

Dennis & James

Thanks for all the responses. I did download and install the XP driver
from Nvidia. ReSetup my Display using the Control Panel and all is
well again. Now I can install my SCSI card in the lone PC slot and
have my Nikon LS4500AF Film scanner back online.

Also will be looking at SAS features on my motherboard. I have been
able to make SCSI work for the last 10 years but am not sure about the
SAS SCSI feature on my Intel MB. S5520SC.

Not to run on but I underestimated all the things to do once I had my
New Computer, clone, built and up and running. I am sure the SAS SCSI
feature will not be the end of it. But at least I know what programs
and software are on the computer.

Thanks again
Bob AZ
From: James Kosin on
On 1/20/2010 11:09 PM, Bob AZ wrote:
>> And this is the last windows Vista drivers...
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_175.19_whql.html
>>
>> I suggest you download both... just in case you want to upgrade to Vista
>> at some point. �But, this won't work with XP...!!!
>>
>> James- Hide quoted text -

> Dennis& James
>
> Thanks for all the responses. I did download and install the XP driver
> from Nvidia. ReSetup my Display using the Control Panel and all is
> well again. Now I can install my SCSI card in the lone PC slot and
> have my Nikon LS4500AF Film scanner back online.
>
> Also will be looking at SAS features on my motherboard. I have been
> able to make SCSI work for the last 10 years but am not sure about the
> SAS SCSI feature on my Intel MB. S5520SC.
>
> Not to run on but I underestimated all the things to do once I had my
> New Computer, clone, built and up and running. I am sure the SAS SCSI
> feature will not be the end of it. But at least I know what programs
> and software are on the computer.
>
> Thanks again
> Bob AZ

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=36600

This is Intel's site... They seem to say you don't have integrated SAS
ports; but, the drivers section lists SAS RAID support.
Drivers and everything are on the website above. Just have to click on
the 'software downloads' section.

That is a NICE motherboard. It looks like it may have cost you a bit.
It has 12 DDR-3 memory slots. It is classified as a workstation board;
but, it has the features of a powerful server board.

James
From: Bob AZ on

> That is a NICE motherboard. �It looks like it may have cost you a bit.
> It has 12 DDR-3 memory slots. �It is classified as a workstation board;
> but, it has the features of a powerful server board.
>
> James-

James

I picked out another board about 2 years ago. When I finally got
everything lined up the original board had been dropped and the
S5520CA appeared to be the replacement. I do like the 12 memory slots
since DDR3 bigger than 1GB is not readily available where I live. I do
make a lot of decisions based on spare parts being readily available
since when using my computer for photography a breakdown is expensive.
At present I have 4 slots in use. Will add the other when I get a few
more things going. The video problem is OK now so the SCSI thing needs
addressing.

I looked at the Adaptec site and it seems that the AHA2930CU is out
for 64bit. So probably another SCSI board is in order. Not sure which
one so will bug Adaptec about what to get hold of. Has to be PCI I
think. I also need to make my way past Nikon to get a 64 bit driver
for my scanner. There is a 50 pin SAS Module slot. Not sure how to
use it or where to ask. Perhaps Adaptec has the module. Hopefully not
a fortune. Will have to look in on that.

Take care and thanks for the assistance.
Bob AZ