From: Hugo Vanwoerkom on
Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:57:28 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>
>> Camaleón wrote:

>>> I always have at my side a copy of SGB (supergrubdisk) and System
>>> Rescue CD.
>>>

>> I always use SGB, but what happened to its support lately, notably
>> GRUB2?
>
> Dunno, I'm still with Grub legacy (by personal decision). Grub2 is "brand-
> new" (in comparison to the long avialability and well tested Grub legacy)
> so I'll keep the old version for at least one more year.
>
> But SGB has support for Grub2, isn't it? :-?

I see this:
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/forum/index.php?topic=494.0
that says 'Super GRUB2 disk 1.98s1 released'

But I run SGD 0.9770. What I like about it is that you don't have to
hardcode the grub devices:

findf /wd80_0jd-60.06
root $(out_device)

finds the device that has file wd80_0jd-60.06 on it and uses that as
root. No more hardcoding!

But I don't know if that function is available with the Super GRUB2
disk, I can't find anything on that, except the news that it has been
released and the download of the iso.

Hugo

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Camaleón wrote:

>>> I always use SGB, but what happened to its support lately, notably
>>> GRUB2?
>>
>> Dunno, I'm still with Grub legacy (by personal decision). Grub2 is
>> "brand-
>> new" (in comparison to the long avialability and well tested Grub
>> legacy) so I'll keep the old version for at least one more year.
>>
>> But SGB has support for Grub2, isn't it? :-?
>>

> I see this:
> http://www.supergrubdisk.org/forum/index.php?topic=494.0
> that says 'Super GRUB2 disk 1.98s1 released'
>
> But I run SGD 0.9770. What I like about it is that you don't have to
> hardcode the grub devices:
>
> findf /wd80_0jd-60.06
> root $(out_device)
>
> finds the device that has file wd80_0jd-60.06 on it and uses that as
> root. No more hardcoding!
>
> But I don't know if that function is available with the Super GRUB2
> disk, I can't find anything on that, except the news that it has been
> released and the download of the iso.

There is this:
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wiki/SGD_Howto_make_Custom

but I don't know if that applies to the GRUB2 disk.

And do you have to have GRUB2 installed in order to use the GRUB2 disk?

I asked but noone answered. Must be a stupid question :-(

Hugo