From: Camaleón on
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 00:04:48 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Are you getting any warning message?
>>

> when i tried to open it from command line $ inkscape
> T-SHIRTMODELS-by_APEstar.eps T-SHIRTMODELS-by_APEstar.eps:1: parser
> error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
> ����
> ^
>
> and there's a pop-up with message "Failed to load the requested file
> T-SHIRTMODELS-by_APEstar.eps"

That error is quite similar to the one reported at Debian BTS.

Check if the version of Inkscape that you are running is affected by that
bug. As per the report, starting from 0.47 the error should be fixed.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

El 2010-04-24 a las 00:31 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis escribió:

(you forgot replying to the list)

> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Camaleón wrote:

> > > when i tried to open it from command line $ inkscape
> > > T-SHIRTMODELS-by_APEstar.eps T-SHIRTMODELS-by_APEstar.eps:1: parser
> > > error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
> > > ����
> > > ^
> > >
> > > and there's a pop-up with message "Failed to load the requested file
> > > T-SHIRTMODELS-by_APEstar.eps"
> >
> > That error is quite similar to the one reported at Debian BTS.
> >
> > Check if the version of Inkscape that you are running is affected by that
> > bug. As per the report, starting from 0.47 the error should be fixed.
> >

> oh...mine is 0.46 on debian lenny

If you can't update, at least you can add your comments into that bug
;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On 2010-04-23, Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> --000e0cd112f6a7783f0484e81498
>
> At inkscape wiki, it says that we can open .eps file if ghostscript is
> installed
> http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_formats_can_Inkscape_import.2Fexport.3F
>
> # aptitude search ghostscript
> i A ghostscript - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF
> interpr
> p ghostscript-doc - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF
> interpr
> i A ghostscript-x - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF
> interpr
>
> or does it meant other ghostscript?

As an alternative, openoffice.org can open .eps files.

--
Liam O'Toole
Birmingham, United Kingdom