From: Umarzuki Mochlis on
At inkscape wiki, it says that we can open .eps file if ghostscript is
installed
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_formats_can_Inkscape_import.2Fexport.3F

# aptitude search ghostscript
i A ghostscript - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF
interpr
p ghostscript-doc - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF
interpr
i A ghostscript-x - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF
interpr

or does it meant other ghostscript?

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my
From: Camaleón on
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:17:00 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> At inkscape wiki, it says that we can open .eps file if ghostscript is
> installed
> http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/
FAQ#What_formats_can_Inkscape_import.2Fexport.3F

Mmmm, it says it can "import" not to "open".

Have you tested with "File/Import" and it fails?

> # aptitude search ghostscript
> i A ghostscript - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF interpr
> p ghostscript-doc - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF interpr
> i A ghostscript-x - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF interpr
>
> or does it meant other ghostscript?

It seems to need "ps2pdf" so check if you have it installed with "whereis
ps2pf".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Camaleón <noelamac(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:17:00 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
>
> > At inkscape wiki, it says that we can open .eps file if ghostscript is
> > installed
> > http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/
> FAQ#What_formats_can_Inkscape_import.2Fexport.3F
>
> Mmmm, it says it can "import" not to "open".
>
> Have you tested with "File/Import" and it fails?

i cannot import it and it is not detected as inkscape file

> > # aptitude search ghostscript
> > i A ghostscript - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF
> interpr
> > p ghostscript-doc - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF
> interpr
> > i A ghostscript-x - The GPL Ghostscript PostScript/PDF
> interpr
> >
> > or does it meant other ghostscript?
>
> It seems to need "ps2pdf" so check if you have it installed with "whereis
> ps2pf".

i have ps2pdf

$ whereis ps2pdf
ps2pdf: /usr/bin/ps2pdf /usr/share/man/man1/ps2pdf.1.gz

have i missed something else?

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my
From: Camaleón on
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:39:08 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Have you tested with "File/Import" and it fails?
>>

> i cannot import it and it is not detected as inkscape file

Are you getting any warning message?

>> It seems to need "ps2pdf" so check if you have it installed with
>> "whereis ps2pf".
>>

> i have ps2pdf
>
> $ whereis ps2pdf
> ps2pdf: /usr/bin/ps2pdf /usr/share/man/man1/ps2pdf.1.gz
>
> have i missed something else?

Not sure... maybe you are facing this bug:

***
inkscape: EPS import broken
***

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Camaleón <noelamac(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:39:08 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
> >> Have you tested with "File/Import" and it fails?
> >>

> > i cannot import it and it is not detected as inkscape file
>
> Are you getting any warning message?

when i tried to open it from command line
$ inkscape T-SHIRTMODELS-by_APEstar.eps
T-SHIRTMODELS-by_APEstar.eps:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not
found
����
^

and there's a pop-up with message "Failed to load the requested file

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my