From: Paul Scott on
Hi,

From everything I can find the versions of firmware-linux-nonfree for
sid and unstable (0.26) contain corrupted versions of agere_sta_fw.bin
and agere_ap_fw.bin version 9.48

Does someone know how I can the uncorrupted versions of these files?
When I try to download them from the sites I find IceWeasel gives me a
zero length file.

TIA,

Paul Scott

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 12:50:09 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From everything I can find the versions of firmware-linux-nonfree
> for sid and unstable (0.26) contain corrupted versions of
> agere_sta_fw.bin and agere_ap_fw.bin version 9.48
>
> Does someone know how I can the uncorrupted versions of these files?
> When I try to download them from the sites I find IceWeasel gives me
> a zero length file.

This link should give you access to the firmware directly from the
kernel.org git tree:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git;a=tree

Make sure to use the "raw" link to the right of the names of the files
that you need. According to the "history" links, these two files were
added to the kernel in 2008 and have not been changed since.

--
Regards, |
Florian |

On 2010-07-07 22:17 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 12:50:09 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> From everything I can find the versions of firmware-linux-nonfree
>> for sid and unstable (0.26) contain corrupted versions of
>> agere_sta_fw.bin and agere_ap_fw.bin version 9.48
>>
>> Does someone know how I can the uncorrupted versions of these files?
>> When I try to download them from the sites I find IceWeasel gives me
>> a zero length file.
>
> This link should give you access to the firmware directly from the
> kernel.org git tree:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git;a=tree
>
> Make sure to use the "raw" link to the right of the names of the files
> that you need. According to the "history" links, these two files were
> added to the kernel in 2008 and have not been changed since.

They are also identical to the files in the Debian
firmware-linux-nonfree package.

Sven

On 07/07/2010 01:46 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2010-07-07 22:17 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 12:50:09 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> From everything I can find the versions of firmware-linux-nonfree
>>> for sid and unstable (0.26) contain corrupted versions of
>>> agere_sta_fw.bin and agere_ap_fw.bin version 9.48
>>>
>>> Does someone know how I can the uncorrupted versions of these files?
>>> When I try to download them from the sites I find IceWeasel gives me
>>> a zero length file.
>>
>> This link should give you access to the firmware directly from the
>> kernel.org git tree:
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git;a=tree
>>
>> Make sure to use the "raw" link to the right of the names of the files
>> that you need. According to the "history" links, these two files were
>> added to the kernel in 2008 and have not been changed since.
>
> They are also identical to the files in the Debian
> firmware-linux-nonfree package.

Are you sure this is true for agere_sta_fw.bin? My wireless is
currently broken with version 0.26 of firmware-linux-nonfree. It worked
with the previous version. Is there another step after upgrading
firmware-linux-nonfree to get the agere driver installed.

There are some threads out there about corrupted agere*.bin files
because of a file transfer problem..

Thanks,

Paul

On 2010-07-07 23:05 +0200, Paul Scott wrote:

> On 07/07/2010 01:46 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
>> On 2010-07-07 22:17 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
>>>
>>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git;a=tree
>>>
>>> Make sure to use the "raw" link to the right of the names of the files
>>> that you need. According to the "history" links, these two files were
>>> added to the kernel in 2008 and have not been changed since.
>>
>> They are also identical to the files in the Debian
>> firmware-linux-nonfree package.
>
> Are you sure this is true for agere_sta_fw.bin?

Yes. I downloaded the firmware-linux-nonfree package, cloned the
linux-firmware git tree and compared the files. Here are the sha1sums:

0c58a68058e2ef23e3e7f3546c40afb536d924d4 agere_ap_fw.bin
0fff9e1b61ab735e698d6390ffd60d0247ae1a0b agere_sta_fw.bin

Sven

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Key logger
Next: lenny iso signed with key 64E6EA7D