From: Rob Owens on
I downloaded the latest Lenny netinst for i386. The SHA512SUMS file is
signed with a key id of 64E6EA7D. However, I can't find any info on
that key anywhere. I tried searching public keyservers and googling for
it, but nothing has turned up.

Call me paranoid, but I never install a system unless I can verify the
signature...

Can anybody shed some light on this?

-Rob

Rob Owens wrote:
> I downloaded the latest Lenny netinst for i386. The SHA512SUMS file is
> signed with a key id of 64E6EA7D. However, I can't find any info on
> that key anywhere. I tried searching public keyservers and googling for
> it, but nothing has turned up.
>
> Call me paranoid, but I never install a system unless I can verify the
> signature...
>
> Can anybody shed some light on this?

Call me less paranoid, if the md5sum match, it's good for me. :-)
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu lucid KDE 3.5.11 - EXT4 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263

On 2010-07-07 23:51 +0200, Rob Owens wrote:

> I downloaded the latest Lenny netinst for i386. The SHA512SUMS file is
> signed with a key id of 64E6EA7D. However, I can't find any info on
> that key anywhere. I tried searching public keyservers and googling for
> it, but nothing has turned up.

I don't have an idea either, but maybe you can find help on the
debian-cd mailinglist.

Sven

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:14:18 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

(re-sent... is the list up-&-running?) :-?

> Rob Owens wrote:
(...)
>> Call me paranoid, but I never install a system unless I can verify the
>> signature...
>
> Call me less paranoid, if the md5sum match, it's good for me. :-)

+1

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:14:18 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

(...)