From: green on
Ron Johnson wrote at 2010-04-09 00:00 -0500:
> On 2010-04-08 22:36, green wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> >I am using mutt. I had procmail set up to drop messages in
> >different maildir boxes. Then I switched to mailfilter. And
> >because it is such a pain when a new mailing list is added (or
> >whatever),
>
> ??????
>
> It takes 30 seconds to pull up ~/.mailfilter in vim, duplicate an
> if-block and modify it.

Sorry, I didn't write that clearly. I want:
- minimal config changes with new mailing lists AND
- ability to change filtering for old messages, like if I want to display
messages from several mailing lists together and then later I decide to
separate them.
From: Tzafrir Cohen on
On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 06:08:22PM -0700, Michael Elkins wrote:

> Both sup (sup.rubyforge.org) and notmuch (notmuchmail.org) are
> interesting works-in-progress that are based off the Xapian search
> engine, and have curses-based interfaces. For people who like the gmail
> interface, this might be of interest.

sup has a curses interface (notmuch has a command-line interface and an
Emacs front-end).

--
Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir(a)jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's

Tzafrir Cohen wrote at 2010-04-11 07:41 -0500:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 06:08:22PM -0700, Michael Elkins wrote:
>
> > Both sup (sup.rubyforge.org) and notmuch (notmuchmail.org) are
> > interesting works-in-progress that are based off the Xapian search
> > engine, and have curses-based interfaces. For people who like the gmail
> > interface, this might be of interest.
>
> sup has a curses interface (notmuch has a command-line interface and an
> Emacs front-end).

notmuchmail.org mentions a curses interface for nutmuch but it does not seem to
be available in Debian's notmuch package.