From: tv.debian on
Le 03/05/2010 22:49, Carlos Miranda Molina (Mstaaravin) wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM, tv.debian(a)googlemail.com
> <tv.debian(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, what exactly is broken ?
>> As a workaround you could use Sid packages if Squeeze's are in bad shape. I
>> have two mostly Squeeze (amd64, kde with desktop "effects" enabled) machines
>> running Sid's fglrx at the moment and they seem fine, glxinfo and fglrxinfo
>> doesn't spit any error, xorg logs doesn't contain errors, and the few OpenGl
>> stuff I just tried are working fine (namely "Torcs" and "xmoto").
>
> Hi
> everyone is wrong, fglrx in Debian Squeeze need non-free packages in
> /etc/apt/sources.list
> ll they need is module-assistant and fglrx
>
> root(a)forest:~# aptitude install fglrx-driver fglrx-glx fglrx-control
> fglrx-source fglrx-kernel-2.6.32-3-amd64 module-assistant -y
> root(a)forest:~# module-assistant (and follow assistant, select fglrx,
> make, build and install)
> root(a)forest:~# modprobe fglrx
> root(a)forest:~# aticonfig --initial (replaces /etc/X11/xorg.conf if exists)
> root(a)forest:~# /etc/init.d/gdm restart (or kdm if you have QT vaccine)

Hi Carlos Miranda Molina, please work on your message trimming
technique, the OP was already hinted toward non-free by CamaleĆ³n earlier
in this thread so I could only assume he was aware of the need to use
non-free. I just mentioned that for me fglrx from Sid is working fine.
I am sorry if "everyone" is wrong, but your message trimming suggest I
am "everyone" all by myself...
I like your prompt by the way.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2