From: paragasu on
Hi all,

I wonder if there is a simple SMTP deamon.
This deamon will execute a specific command on every email received.

I have a PHP program that will parse the email and
send SMS to specific mobile phone number thereafter.

please advice.

Thanks
From: paragasu on
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Erwan David <erwan(a)rail.eu.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:33:47AM CEST, paragasu <paragasu(a)gmail.com>
> said:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wonder if there is a simple SMTP deamon.
> > This deamon will execute a specific command on every email received.
> >
> > I have a PHP program that will parse the email and
> > send SMS to specific mobile phone number thereafter.
> >
> > please advice.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> You may do this with a pipe transport in postfix.
>
> Note however that you must be extra careful for dealing with spams and
> errors...
>

> --
> Erwan

> listmaster(a)lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20100615094034.GC20719(a)trusted-logic.com

Hi Erwan,

Since i only listen to 1 specific email address.
I guess i can do something like firewall etc.

paragasu.
From: Erwan David on
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:33:47AM CEST, paragasu <paragasu(a)gmail.com> said:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if there is a simple SMTP deamon.
> This deamon will execute a specific command on every email received.
>
> I have a PHP program that will parse the email and
> send SMS to specific mobile phone number thereafter.
>
> please advice.
>
> Thanks

You may do this with a pipe transport in postfix.

Note however that you must be extra careful for dealing with spams and
errors...

--
Erwan

Try ssmtp.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Patryk Cisek <patryk(a)debian.org> wrote:

> Try ssmtp.
>
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 05:43:57PM +0800, paragasu wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Erwan David <erwan(a)rail.eu.org> wrote:

> > > You may do this with a pipe transport in postfix.
> > >
> > > Note however that you must be extra careful for dealing with spams and
> > > errors...
> > >

> > > --
> > > Erwan
> > >

> > > --
> > > listmaster(a)lists.debian.org
> > > Archive:
> http://lists.debian.org/20100615094034.GC20719(a)trusted-logic.com
> > >

> > Hi Erwan,
> >
> > Since i only listen to 1 specific email address.
> > I guess i can do something like firewall etc.
> >
> > paragasu.

> listmaster(a)lists.debian.org
> Archive:
> http://lists.debian.org/20100615095940.GC24506(a)meriadoc.test-lan.net