From: Jozsi Vadkan on
The question is simple.

The answer [is there any] isn't simple [it's not implemented in
virtualmin yet?].

So:

There are two domains:

AAA.com

and:

BBB.com

Ok! Both domains are on the Virtualmin server, Ok!

The big question:

How can I redirect

AAA.com

to:

BBB.com/index.php?lang=en

?

In the menu: Apache Servers -> AAA.com -> Aliases and Redirections -> I
fill the forms as the:

http://doxfer.com/Webmin/ApacheWebserver

says it would work -> Save -> Apply Changes -> it doesn't work.

Webmin version: 1.350 / Lenny

So is there an offical howto/doc/anyTHING, that describes, how to
redirect "AAA.com" to "BBB.com/index.php?lang=en" ???

Thank you.

Sorry for posting to two mailing lists, but I just can't seem to find a
working howto :O [I read about this problem in forums, others complain
about it too!]

> Jozsi Vadkan <jozsi.avadkan(a)gmail.com> :
>The big question:
>How can I redirect
>AAA.com
>to:
>BBB.com/index.php?lang=en
>?

With Apache. RedirectPermanent, or RewriteRule.
A few lines in apache configuration file.
A dont understand why you use such bloatware for that...

But it's your choice.

+261 34 29 155 34 / +261 33 11 207 36

Assuming you are running Virtalmin 3.78 or later, you can just select AAA.com
from the left menu, go to Server Configuration -> Website Redirects, and create
a redirect from / to the URL http://BBB.com/index.php?lang=en .

- Jamie

On 29/Apr/2010 09:35 Jozsi Vadkan <jozsi.avadkan(a)gmail.com> wrote ..
> The question is simple.
>
> The answer [is there any] isn't simple [it's not implemented in
> virtualmin yet?].
>
> So:
>
> There are two domains:
>
> AAA.com
>
> and:
>
> BBB.com
>
> Ok! Both domains are on the Virtualmin server, Ok!
>
> The big question:
>
> How can I redirect
>
> AAA.com
>
> to:
>
> BBB.com/index.php?lang=en
>
> ?
>
> In the menu: Apache Servers -> AAA.com -> Aliases and Redirections -> I
> fill the forms as the:
>
> http://doxfer.com/Webmin/ApacheWebserver
>
> says it would work -> Save -> Apply Changes -> it doesn't work.
>
> Webmin version: 1.350 / Lenny
>

> So is there an offical howto/doc/anyTHING, that describes, how to
> redirect "AAA.com" to "BBB.com/index.php?lang=en" ???
>

> Thank you.
>
> Sorry for posting to two mailing lists, but I just can't seem to find a
> working howto :O [I read about this problem in forums, others complain
> about it too!]

You may try using Apache Reverse Proxy feature.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Jozsi Vadkan <jozsi.avadkan(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> The question is simple.
>
> The answer [is there any] isn't simple [it's not implemented in
> virtualmin yet?].
>
> So:
>
> There are two domains:
>
> AAA.com
>
> and:
>
> BBB.com
>
> Ok! Both domains are on the Virtualmin server, Ok!
>
> The big question:
>
> How can I redirect
>
> AAA.com
>
> to:
>
> BBB.com/index.php?lang=en
>
> ?
>
> In the menu: Apache Servers -> AAA.com -> Aliases and Redirections -> I
> fill the forms as the:
>
> http://doxfer.com/Webmin/ApacheWebserver
>
> says it would work -> Save -> Apply Changes -> it doesn't work.
>
> Webmin version: 1.350 / Lenny
>

> So is there an offical howto/doc/anyTHING, that describes, how to
> redirect "AAA.com" to "BBB.com/index.php?lang=en" ???
>

> Thank you.
>
> Sorry for posting to two mailing lists, but I just can't seem to find a
> working howto :O [I read about this problem in forums, others complain
> about it too!]

Not sent from my iPhone or my Blackberry or anyone else's