From: Zachary Vida on
The man page for makedbm has an error in it:

*" makedbm* takes the inputfile and converts it to a ypserv database
file. In the moment, GDBM is used as database. Each line of the input
file is converted to a single record. All characters up to the first TAB
or SPACE are the key, and the rest of the line is the data. *makedbm*
does not treat '#' as a special character. "

It should read:

*makedbm* takes the inputfile and converts it to a ypserv database file.
In the moment, GDBM is used as database. Each line of the input file is
converted to a single record. All characters up to the first TAB are the
key, if there are no TABS present than all characters up to the first
SPACE are the key. The rest of the line is the data. *makedbm* does not
treat '#' as a special character.

Should I send a bug report via reportbug or is there a better way to go
about updating this?
From: Camaleón on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:13:27 -0400, Zachary Vida wrote:

> The man page for makedbm has an error in it:

You mean the starting and ending paragraph double quotes "..."?

(...)

> Should I send a bug report via reportbug or is there a better way to go
> about updating this?

If you think there is a bug here better report it, yes, by using
reportbug or by e-mail.

Anyway, I have downloaded "nis" deb package but cannot see the quotes
when I load "man makedbm(8)" inside Midnight Commander.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón