From: Gary L. Roach on
I tried moving the .mozilla file. It didn't change the behavior. I might
add that I have 2 computers running Linux, one with Debian stable and
one with Debian testing (sqeeze). One is using the Gnome desktop and the
other KDE. Neither system remembers the login / passwords for Amazon. I
don't think this is unique to the Amazon account. I don't wish to try
with other accounts until I can get Amazon to work. My Win2K systems
work fine.

Gary R.

Gary L. Roach wrote:
> I tried moving the .mozilla file. It didn't change the behavior. I might
> add that I have 2 computers running Linux, one with Debian stable and
> one with Debian testing (sqeeze). One is using the Gnome desktop and the
> other KDE. Neither system remembers the login / passwords for Amazon. I
> don't think this is unique to the Amazon account. I don't wish to try
> with other accounts until I can get Amazon to work. My Win2K systems
> work fine.

I just wanted to add the datapoint that I have a machine running
Squeeze/Sid and Firefox/Iceweasel remembers Amazon passwords just fine
for me. Whatever it is it isn't a problem with Iceweasel in Squeeze,
Sid, GNOME or KDE or there would be zillions of reports of it. But I
don't have any more suggestions for you as to how to debug further.
Sorry.

Bob
From: Matthew Moore on
On Tuesday July 6 2010 3:02:10 pm Gary L. Roach wrote:
> I tried moving the .mozilla file. It didn't change the behavior. I might
> add that I have 2 computers running Linux, one with Debian stable and
> one with Debian testing (sqeeze). One is using the Gnome desktop and the
> other KDE. Neither system remembers the login / passwords for Amazon.

Do they remember passwords for other sites? Are you referring to the
"remember passwords" option *within* firefox/iceweasel, or the "remember
password" checkbox on the website?

MM