From: Gary L. Roach on
I have a Win2K machine and a linux sqeeze machine both running mozella
5.0 (Firefox and Iceweasel). The Win2K machine remembers password
inromation to my Amazon.com account (as an example) but the linux
machine doesn't. I've checked all of the mozella settings and can't find
any difference. Any suggestions. I need to get this resolved so I can
ditch the Win2K machine.

Thanks in advance

Gary R.

Gary L. Roach wrote:
> I have a Win2K machine and a linux sqeeze machine both running mozella
> 5.0 (Firefox and Iceweasel). The Win2K machine remembers password
> inromation to my Amazon.com account (as an example) but the linux
> machine doesn't. I've checked all of the mozella settings and can't find
> any difference. Any suggestions. I need to get this resolved so I can
> ditch the Win2K machine.

It seems to me that even though you checked and didn't see any
differences that one of them isn't set to remember passwords or has
previousy been told not to remember passwords from amazone.

Edit, Preferences, Security, verify that "Remember passwords for
sites" is checked. Then click "Exceptions..." verify that amazon
isn't in the list of "Passwords for the following sites will not be
saved:". Perhaps even select "Remove All" there to ensure this.

Bob
From: Gary L. Roach on
Sorry but the save password option is checked and the exception list is
empty. No joy. Any other ideas?

Gary R.

On Ma, 06 iul 10, 10:24:54, Gary L. Roach wrote:
> Sorry but the save password option is checked and the exception list
> is empty. No joy. Any other ideas?

Move the .mozilla directory somewhere else and retry or just creat a new
account. If it works you'll know it's something in the user
configuration.

Regards,
Andrei
On 06/07/10 18:24, Gary L. Roach wrote:
> Sorry but the save password option is checked and the exception list is
> empty. No joy. Any other ideas?

Is it configured to clear the browsing history on closing? There are
several options, and one of them is saved passwords.

--
Joe