From: Ron Johnson on
On 2010-03-25 12:06, Stephen Powell wrote:
[snip]

> And for simply playing audio CDs, I like the cdtool package. It
> uses the analog play method. For it to work, the cd or dvd drive

I don't even play CDs anymore. Rip/transcode using abcde and play
using moc (which is the only FLAC-understanding CLI player I've found).

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid." Dwight Eisenhower

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:40:29 -0500
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson(a)cox.net> wrote:

> I don't even play CDs anymore. Rip/transcode using abcde and play
> using moc (which is the only FLAC-understanding CLI player I've found).

mplayer doesn't handle flac?

Celejar

On 2010-03-25 12:58, Celejar wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:40:29 -0500
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson(a)cox.net> wrote:

>> I don't even play CDs anymore. Rip/transcode using abcde and play
>> using moc (which is the only FLAC-understanding CLI player I've found).
>
> mplayer doesn't handle flac?

Maybe, but while I'm sure you can do "mplayer *flac", it's not a
full-screen two-pane "music player" (if that makes any sense).