From: Sven Joachim on
On 2010-07-25 10:37 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Vi, 23 iul 10, 09:49:27, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>> On Jo, 22 iul 10, 10:28:21, d8uv wrote:
>> > I need to install python-twisted, so...
>> >
>> > $ sudo aptitude install python-twisted
>> > [[...]]
>> > The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>> > python-twisted-mail: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.1) but
>> > 10.0.0-3 is to be installed.
>> > python-twisted-news: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.1) but
>> > 10.0.0-3 is to be installed.
>> > python-twisted-words: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.1) but
>> > 10.0.0-3 is to be installed.
>> > python-twisted-names: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.1) but
>> > 10.0.0-3 is to be installed.
>> > The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>> > [[...]]
>>
>> Do you have unofficial packages installed? I have those exact packages
>> on hold now because of vodafone-mobile-connect from betavine.
>
> Scratch that, I have the exact same issue. packages.debian.org shows
> 10.1.0-1 for python-twisted and I can even download it from
> ftp.at.debian.org (via packages.debian.org), but if I try aptitude with
> the same mirror I still get the old version.
>
> I downloaded Packages.bz2 and Packages.gz with Iceweasel and indeed it
> is still showing 10.0.0-3. This means it is either the mirror (but I
> tried several already) or something else. Can somebody please confirm
> this in order to exclude ISP problems?

Which architecture is that? On i386, I only see 10.1.0-1 in the latest
Packages.bz2 from ftp.at.debian.org.

Sven

On 2010-07-25 19:16 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Du, 25 iul 10, 12:37:28, Sven Joachim wrote:
>>
>> Which architecture is that? On i386, I only see 10.1.0-1 in the latest
>> Packages.bz2 from ftp.at.debian.org.
>
> amd64

Thanks, I see. The problem is that the twisted source package (which
builds the python-twisted binary package) has not been uploaded yet on
amd64, and even though python-twisted is an arch:all package, it is kept
at the old version.

Previously, an arch:all package was in sync on all arches, but since
that often created uninstallabilities when foo (arch:any) depended on
foo-common (arch:all) of the same source version and foo was not built
yet, the ftp-masters changed that.

In this case this has the undesirable side effect that packages from a
_different_ source package depend on the new version of
python-twisted-core, making them uninstallable on amd64.

Sven