From: Ron Johnson on
On 06/13/2010 10:54 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
> On 6/13/2010 10:29 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>>
>>> What about ssh? VNC? RDP?
>>>

>> What about them?
>>

> Exactly.
>
> Are they better?, worse?, what? than telnet?

Well, VNC and RDP are *different* from telnet, like http is
different from ftp. Thus, there is no "better or worse".

Regarding ssh: this was the first entry when I Googled "ssh vs.
telnet": http://blogs.sun.com/JayzSpeak/entry/telnet_vs_ssh

As usual, Wikipedia gives a good overview:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Shell

--
"There is usually only a limited amount of damage that can be
done by dull or stupid people. For creating a truly monumental