From: Camaleón on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:30:00 +0200, Benedict Verheyen wrote:

(...)

> If i use the webinterface of Citrix, he then also refers to the native
> client but then it works on Ubuntu (firefox). When i try the same on
> Debian (iceweasel), it still doesn't work. All settings are the same.
> My search continues :)

Are both machines running the same java/java plugin release? :-?

Besides, Lenny installs a quite old version (3.0.x) of Iceweasel, so you
could also try to:

1/ Update it from backports to 3.5.x branch
2/ Download Firefox directly from Mozilla site (no installation needed,
just "click-&-run")

Do not perform neither #1 or #2 under a production machine because things
can/tend to break. If you had a test machine, better test it from
there :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On 29/04/2010 11:05, Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:30:00 +0200, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>> If i use the webinterface of Citrix, he then also refers to the native
>> client but then it works on Ubuntu (firefox). When i try the same on
>> Debian (iceweasel), it still doesn't work. All settings are the same.
>> My search continues :)
>
> Are both machines running the same java/java plugin release? :-?
>
> Besides, Lenny installs a quite old version (3.0.x) of Iceweasel, so you
> could also try to:
>
> 1/ Update it from backports to 3.5.x branch
> 2/ Download Firefox directly from Mozilla site (no installation needed,
> just "click-&-run")
>
> Do not perform neither #1 or #2 under a production machine because things
> can/tend to break. If you had a test machine, better test it from
> there :-)
>
> Greetings,

Thanks, it's worth a try.
I'm not sure the java environments are the same.
On both machines they were installed with aptitude install default-jre

I'll try the backport of java & using Firefox instead of Iceweasel.

Regards,
Benedict

On 29/04/2010 11:16, Benedict Verheyen wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks, it's worth a try.
> I'm not sure the java environments are the same.
> On both machines they were installed with aptitude install default-jre
>
> I'll try the backport of java & using Firefox instead of Iceweasel.
>
> Regards,
> Benedict

Firefox crashed unfortunately and i spent already to much time on this.
So we'll have to go with Ubuntu in this case :(

Thanks for the help & ideas.

Regards,
Benedict

On 30/04/2010 13:54, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> On 29/04/2010 11:16, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> Thanks, it's worth a try.
>> I'm not sure the java environments are the same.
>> On both machines they were installed with aptitude install default-jre
>>
>> I'll try the backport of java & using Firefox instead of Iceweasel.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Benedict
>>

> Firefox crashed unfortunately and i spent already to much time on this.
> So we'll have to go with Ubuntu in this case :(
>
> Thanks for the help & ideas.
>
> Regards,
> Benedict

I installed Ubuntu and noted exactly which packages i installed.
It seemed as if Java was the clue because i got it to work Debian too :)

I installed a lightweight LDE system.
Then installed sun-java6-jre and sun-java6-plugin.
I now did: update-alternatives --config java.
Something i hadn't done before.

Then i installed the citrix client deb and libmotif 3 as its a prequisite.
I think i can skip those but i installed them anyway as i want to test
further. When i connect to Citrix using the java client, all is well and
ë is shown correctly instead of Ë. Victory at last !

Regards,
Benedict