From: briand on
What's the correct way to set-up virtual box so that a user can use it ?

I found lot's of issues surrounding the use vboxusers group, but under
sid it seems to be very broken.

The udev file which is supposed to set things up does not seem to exist
in the package and the group is does not exist.

Yes, I know I can fix all this, my question is whether or not this has
been superceded by some other method.

If not, well, and vboxusers is the correct method, then it appears to be
broken.

Thanks,

Brian

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 2:19 AM, <briand(a)aracnet.com> wrote:
> What's the correct way to set-up virtual box so that a user can use it ?
>
> I found lot's of issues surrounding the use vboxusers group, but under
> sid it seems to be very broken.
>
> The udev file which is supposed to set things up does not seem to exist
> in the package and the group is does not exist.
>
> Yes, I know I can fix all this, my question is whether or not this has
> been superceded by some other method.
>
> If not, well, and vboxusers is the correct method, then it appears to be
> broken.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

Which virtualbox package are you using? ose ?