From: Mark on
>On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Daniel Dalton <d.dalton(a)iinet.net.au>wrote:

[snip]

>So basically it must have:
>- Good debian support including wiffi
>- core 2 duro 1.6 ghz or more
>- Good battery life 5 hours or more.
>
>I've been looking mainly at lenovo, hp, del, acer and maybe tosheba.
>Any suggested models would be greatly appreciated.

[snip]

What about something like this? Seems to meet your specs and budget
(couldn't find battery life info but a quick phone call could probably
answer that for you), plus it's designed for linux compatability. Mini PCIe
wifi card is an extra $29 (see bottom of link). They preload with Ubuntu,
Fedora, etc., but I assume you could install Debian with little to no
headache if the machine is designed to run with those distros. Again this
could probably be confirmed by calling them.

http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux-laptop-lc2100sn.html

Mark