From: Martin on
I downloaded 5 DVD Lenny 5.0.4.
As I was browsing packages with aptitude I noticed that there
is angband-doc but angband is (UNAVAILABLE).

Martin

Martin wrote:
> I downloaded 5 DVD Lenny 5.0.4.
> As I was browsing packages with aptitude I noticed that there
> is angband-doc but angband is (UNAVAILABLE).
>
> Martin

In non-free[1].

[1] http://packages.debian.org/lenny/angband

-thib

On 2010-03-10 16:47, Martin wrote:
> I downloaded 5 DVD Lenny 5.0.4.
> As I was browsing packages with aptitude I noticed that there
> is angband-doc but angband is (UNAVAILABLE).

What do you mean "(UNAVAILABLE)"?

(Why in God's name don't people put error messages in their emails?
Aren't geeks supposed to be smarter than lusers?????)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms." Mike Ditka

On 3/10/2010 5:25 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-03-10 16:47, Martin wrote:
>> I downloaded 5 DVD Lenny 5.0.4.
>> As I was browsing packages with aptitude I noticed that there
>> is angband-doc but angband is (UNAVAILABLE).
>>

> What do you mean "(UNAVAILABLE)"?
>
> (Why in God's name don't people put error messages in their emails?
> Aren't geeks supposed to be smarter than lusers?????)

Ron, you seem a bit cranky.

UNAVAILABLE *is* the error message. It's not in Lenny.

On 2010-03-10 20:24, Mark Allums wrote:
> On 3/10/2010 5:25 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> On 2010-03-10 16:47, Martin wrote:
>>> I downloaded 5 DVD Lenny 5.0.4.
>>> As I was browsing packages with aptitude I noticed that there
>>> is angband-doc but angband is (UNAVAILABLE).
>>>

>> What do you mean "(UNAVAILABLE)"?
>>
>> (Why in God's name don't people put error messages in their emails?
>> Aren't geeks supposed to be smarter than lusers?????)
>>

> Ron, you seem a bit cranky.
>
> UNAVAILABLE *is* the error message. It's not in Lenny.

Why wouldn't it be this?

root(a)haggis:~# apt-get install foobar
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree