From: Vadkan Jozsef on
Does someone has any docs/howtos/solutions about it? :\ i would thank
that:\

I just want a netinstall on a pendrive. [but when i just boot from a cd,
and install to the pendrive, it just "hangs" for 2 days, formatting the
pendrive... :\]

thank you!

Vadkan Jozsef wrote:
> Does someone has any docs/howtos/solutions about it? :\ i would thank
> that:\
>
> I just want a netinstall on a pendrive. [but when i just boot from a cd,
> and install to the pendrive, it just "hangs" for 2 days, formatting the
> pendrive... :\]
>
> thank you!

See the very recent thread on this very subject:
a50e48011003062159m771d01fcr140ad056a47df484(a)mail.gmail.com[1]

Thanks to search the archive[2] when possible.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/03/msg00492.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/search.html

-thib

Vadkan Jozsef wrote:
> Does someone has any docs/howtos/solutions about it? :\ i would thank
> that:\
>
> I just want a netinstall on a pendrive. [but when i just boot from a cd,
> and install to the pendrive, it just "hangs" for 2 days, formatting the
> pendrive... :\]
>
> thank you!

First of all, google can help a lot about this. Second, there's nothing
special you should do except maybe being more careful about the
filesystem options (eg journaling can wear out your drive faster - see a
If it just hangs, it means that the I/O is slow enough to make your
pendrive hardly usable for this purpose.

It work for me perfectly :)

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:47 PM, thib <thib(a)stammed.net> wrote:

> Vadkan Jozsef wrote:
>
>> Does someone has any docs/howtos/solutions about it? :\ i would thank
>> that:\
>>
>> I just want a netinstall on a pendrive. [but when i just boot from a cd,
>> and install to the pendrive, it just "hangs" for 2 days, formatting the
>> pendrive... :\]
>>
>> thank you!
>>

> See the very recent thread on this very subject:
> a50e48011003062159m771d01fcr140ad056a47df484(a)mail.gmail.com[1]
>
> Thanks to search the archive[2] when possible.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/03/msg00492.html
> [2] http://lists.debian.org/search.html
>
> -thib

Wishing you the very best of everything, always!!!
Kousik Maiti(কৌশিক মাইতি)
Registered Linux User #474025
Registered Ubuntu User # 28654