From: Long Wind on
Thank Aioanei and Camaleón!

Even bios in my Slot 1 machine which use P3 or C1 can show fan speed or cpu temp
The bad thing about HP is their bios doesn't show CPU and fan info
though asus bios show!
I read doc from lm-sensor
They say their reading isn't reliable
(they ask me to compare their reading with those in bios)

I have run "sensors" command
the fan reading is 0
it doesn't show cpu temp

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 07:24:08 -0400, Long Wind wrote:

> Thank Aioanei and Camaleón!
>
> Even bios in my Slot 1 machine which use P3 or C1 can show fan speed or
> cpu temp The bad thing about HP is their bios doesn't show CPU and fan
> info though asus bios show!

Do not panic. Some modern motherboards also "hide" temperatures (mine
does) :-/

> I read doc from lm-sensor
> They say their reading isn't reliable (they ask me to compare their
> reading with those in bios)
>
> I have run "sensors" command
> the fan reading is 0
> it doesn't show cpu temp

Please, calm down and read what people is telling you :-)

You have first to setup lm-sensors by running "sensors-detect". That will
provide you more information about the detected sensors of your board.

Can you please become root (or use "sudo"), run "sensors-detect" and
upload to pastebin¹ (or any other online service) the output of that
command?

¹ http://pastebin.com/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

To Camaleón

I had run sensors-detect and loaded some modules.
If I hadn't, the sensors command wouldn't even say CPU fan speed is 0.

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:28:38 -0400, Long Wind wrote:

> To Camaleón
>
> I had run sensors-detect and loaded some modules.

And the output of that command was...?

> If I hadn't, the
> sensors command wouldn't even say CPU fan speed is 0.

Yes, but that means there is something wrong with your current setup and
if we cannot take a look into the output of what "sensors-detect" was
telling you we cannot make further suggestions.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón