From: Andrei Popescu on
On Fri,14.May.10, 19:04:42, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have many text files (actually .tex files) which contain some
> sequence or regexp (it depends on the files) that I would like to
> remove. Is there a commandline/GUI for doing this massive edit?

You need 'find'. If that sequence or regexp is in the contents and not
the name of the file (not clear from your message) you'll also need
'grep'. Both have excelent man pages and you can get help here if you
don't understand something.

Regards,
Andrei
On Fri,14.May.10, 20:32:11, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Fri,14.May.10, 19:04:42, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have many text files (actually .tex files) which contain some
> > sequence or regexp (it depends on the files) that I would like to
> > remove. Is there a commandline/GUI for doing this massive edit?
>
> You need 'find'. If that sequence or regexp is in the contents and not
> the name of the file (not clear from your message) you'll also need
> 'grep'. Both have excelent man pages and you can get help here if you
> don't understand something.

Ughh, tired, you want to remove some regexp from a lot of files. Boyd
had provided you the exact commandline.

Regards,
Andrei