From: Merciadri Luca on

Hi,

When uploading files with FileZilla through SFTP, I often overwrite
files because I have modified them locally, and I want them to be
updated on my website too.

Nice, but FileZilla asks me, at each session, if I want to replace the
file on the server, or not. I always check the box which aims at
always keeping the chosen option, but, through sessions (i.e. through
different opening/closing of FileZilla), the choice seems not to be
memorized somewhere, as I always encounter the same question.

What can I do? Well, ~/.filezilla exists, with

==
$ ls
filezilla.xml filters.xml layout.xml lockfile queue.xml sitemanager.xml
==

Weird. Thanks.
From: Camaleón on
On Fri, 14 May 2010 19:02:10 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> When uploading files with FileZilla through SFTP, I often overwrite
> files because I have modified them locally, and I want them to be
> updated on my website too.
>
> Nice, but FileZilla asks me, at each session, if I want to replace the
> file on the server, or not. I always check the box which aims at always
> keeping the chosen option, but, through sessions (i.e. through different
> opening/closing of FileZilla), the choice seems not to be memorized
> somewhere, as I always encounter the same question.

Have you set the default option under "Options/Transfers/Action if the
file already exists" to "Uploads → Overwrite file"? ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Fri, 14 May 2010 19:41:19 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón writes:
>
>> Have you set the default option under "Options/Transfers/Action if the
>> file already exists" to "Uploads → Overwrite file"? ;-)

> No. Now that I have done it, it works as expected. But did I have to set
> this if I had already checked the box in the appearing window many
> times?

Yes. It's kinda feature (per session setting), I mean, to avoid the user
to choose an option he does not want. Better ask (although annoying) than
regret.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón