From: Merciadri Luca on
Hi,

Just as many of us do, I prefer having both a local and a server copy of
my files for my website. I have chosen to use FileZilla for my transfer,
at the place of rsync. But I would like FileZilla to automatically
upload the files that I added (or modified) locally, just as rsync could.

Is it possible to do this?
Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits. (Albert Einstein)

From: Camaleón on
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:34:38 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Just as many of us do, I prefer having both a local and a server copy of
> my files for my website. I have chosen to use FileZilla for my transfer,
> at the place of rsync. But I would like FileZilla to automatically
> upload the files that I added (or modified) locally, just as rsync
> could.
>
> Is it possible to do this?

Kind of...

***
Synchronized Browsing
http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Using#Synchronized_Browsing
***

Remember to make any test with a sample folder/files *never* with the
original ones :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Camaleón wrote:
> Kind of...
>
> ***
> Synchronized Browsing
> http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Using#Synchronized_Browsing
> ***
>
> Remember to make any test with a sample folder/files *never* with the
> original ones :-)

Thanks! Sure. I have bad memories of such things happening! I won't do
that twice!

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Remember. If something can go wrong, it will.

From: Karl E. Jorgensen on
Hi

I know this is an old thread, but...

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 09:34:38PM +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just as many of us do, I prefer having both a local and a server copy of
> my files for my website. I have chosen to use FileZilla for my transfer,
> at the place of rsync. But I would like FileZilla to automatically
> upload the files that I added (or modified) locally, just as rsync could.
>
> Is it possible to do this?

If you are willing to use other tools than filezilla, then you have
more options.... How about sitecopy?

--
Karl E. Jorgensen
IT Operations Manager