From: charles kuchar on
An update is available. Would yo
like to download and install this
update now?

this message occurs occasionally. I right click it but there is no effect.
I can move the window around the screen but it doesn't change. there is
one large plus sign then hp then several other plus signs the the HP Update
before the message I posted above. I would like to do the HP Update but I
don't know how to get there... charlie

From: Richard Urban on
If you click on the plus sign does it open a sub item? Is this sub item
selectable? If so, check it and then continue.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

From: charles kuchar on
right or left clicking and double clicking does not do anything. anywhere
in the display. it is primary also. it is displaying in this window right
now but does nothing else that I know of. charlie

From: David B. on
Uninstall HP Update, it is one of those useless bloatware items HP loads on
it's computers and includes with it's printers.

From: "dgmacmi >" on
"charles kuchar" <chaskuchar(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> An update is available. Would yo
> like to download and install this
> update now?
>
> this message occurs occasionally. I right click it but there is no
> effect. I can move the window around the screen but it doesn't change.
> there is one large plus sign then hp then several other plus signs the the
> HP Update before the message I posted above. I would like to do the HP
> Update but I don't know how to get there... charlie

Assuming the unknown HP product is a printer try going here:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

and than to the drivers and software for your specific printer.

Depending on what version of printer drivers you have, you may have better
luck running the HP Update directly vice via the notification message. Look
in Programs, HP or in HP Solutions, Help, Check for Updates to run the
update application.

Don