From: wolfikx on
XP mode is installed in system together with Virtual PC update.

When trying to run XP mode or virtual machine I'm receiving this message:
"It is unable to run Windows Virtual PC program in this same time when other
program to virtualization is working. Close other program for virtualization
and try once again"
(sorry for bad translating)

First of all I do not have other program to virtualization . Hardware passed
test for virtualization and my MB have newest BIOS, restart do not working..

This is my configuration:
MB Model Name : GA-MA790XT-UD4P
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F4G
VGA Brand : Ati Model : MSI HD 4670
CPU Brand : AMD Model : Phenom II 720 Speed : 2800
Operation System : Win 7 Pro x64 SP : -
Memory Brand : Kingston Type : DDR3
Memory Size : 4 gb Speed : 1333
Power Supply : 500 W
From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
You should be running Windows VPC, NOT the Virtual PC 2007. XP Mode requires
Windows VPC.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2B6D5C18-1441-47EA-8309-2545B08E11DD&displaylang=en

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: wolfikx on
Dear Charlie

But I said that I had installed update and I'm ring to run Windows Virtual
PC = Windows VPC.
I'm not using Virtual PC 2007.

To be clear. I have installed Windows6.1-KB958559-x64

From: Carlos on
wolfikx,
Wierd as it may seem, this issue is related to some specific Gigabyte
motherboards.
It is usually solved by updating to the latest BIOS.
You are using an outdated one (and beta).

If you know how to do it (and want to assume the risk), please download and
flash the latest F7 from here:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_DownloadFile.aspx?FileType=BIOS&FileID=15301

More details about your motherboard:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3010

Best of luck!
Carlos

From: wolfikx on
Carlos,

Thank a lot for your help.

Now it is working perfectly.
To update I was using @BIOS software and I was thinking it downloading
newest BIOS.
I did not thought that's not true.

Anyway now Virtualization working and I'm glad.

Thanks once again and Mary Christmas.

"Carlos" wrote:

> wolfikx,
> Wierd as it may seem, this issue is related to some specific Gigabyte
> motherboards.
> It is usually solved by updating to the latest BIOS.
> You are using an outdated one (and beta).
>
> If you know how to do it (and want to assume the risk), please download and
> flash the latest F7 from here:
> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_DownloadFile.aspx?FileType=BIOS&FileID=15301
>
> More details about your motherboard:
> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3010
>
> Best of luck!
> Carlos
> "wolfikx" wrote:
>
> > XP mode is installed in system together with Virtual PC update.
> >
> > When trying to run XP mode or virtual machine I'm receiving this message:
> > "It is unable to run Windows Virtual PC program in this same time when other
> > program to virtualization is working. Close other program for virtualization
> > and try once again"
> > (sorry for bad translating)
> >
> > First of all I do not have other program to virtualization . Hardware passed
> > test for virtualization and my MB have newest BIOS, restart do not working..
> >
> > This is my configuration:
> > MB Model Name : GA-MA790XT-UD4P
> > --------------------------
> > M/B Rev : 1.0
> > BIOS Ver : F4G
> > VGA Brand : Ati Model : MSI HD 4670
> > CPU Brand : AMD Model : Phenom II 720 Speed : 2800
> > Operation System : Win 7 Pro x64 SP : -
> > Memory Brand : Kingston Type : DDR3
> > Memory Size : 4 gb Speed : 1333
> > Power Supply : 500 W