From: Brad Rogers on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 16:17:32 -0500
Kent West <westk(a)acu.edu> wrote:

Hello Kent,

> I don't mind pulling in a package or two from Testing, but I'm unsure
> how to do it without doing a wholesale dist-upgrade to Testing.

Actually, so am I (unsure, that is). However, Boyd has given a good
answer.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Your father was a megalomaniac, you've got an insane brother
Pure Mania - The Vibrators
From: Brad Rogers on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 16:48:47 -0500
Kent West <westk(a)acu.edu> wrote:

Hello Kent,

> Thanks, especially Brad!

I think you mean Boyd; He gave you far better info than I did.

Plus, whilst your exchange with him was going on, I was in bed, asleep.

Timezone GMT+1.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"

It belongs to them, let's give it back
Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil
From: Andrew Malcolmson on
Looking at the whole thread above, it looks like the hplip diagnostic
tools aren't being used.

1) Run hp-probe. Does it find the printer? If not, this is a
networking issue. Eter the printer's IP address in a browser window.
If the printer can be found this way, the router is blocking ports
that need to be open for printer discovery.

2) Run 'hp-check -r'. This will run a diagnostic that will check for
software issues.

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 13:53:00 Kent West wrote:
> Brad Rogers wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 May 2010 16:48:47 -0500
> > Kent West <westk(a)acu.edu> wrote:
> >> Thanks, especially Brad!
> >
> > I think you mean Boyd; He gave you far better info than I did.
>
> You're right. My bad. Sorry Boyd; thanks especially to you!

You're welcome. You just happened to be having issues the same day I was
getting the KONIKA MINOLTA BizHub C452 in the office working on my laptop, so
the information was fresh in my mind. :)
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss(a)iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))