From: deloptes on
Kevin Ross wrote:

> When I try for this procedure , I just see loging in and loging out from
> the telnet session . Actually , I need to have the output result of
> issuing 'command1' on the remote node to be captured on my local host .
> But when I try manually , say telnet to it and issue the command , I see
> the output on my screen . Please help me how to modify my simple code to
> have the desired result?
> Thank you
>
> It doesn't require a username or password?

why not try a perl or python script?
you can use them either to call telnet or use the telnet modules.
I guess there are also ready to use samples.
ie. http://www.perlfect.com/articles/telnet.shtml

regards

> Try adding:
>
> expect "% "
>
> or whatever the command prompt is, such as "$ " or "# " before sending the
> commands.
>

> Thank you for your reply. You were right . So I added the following :
>expect "->"
So it will wait for the system prompt . But still I cannot see any output
from result of issuing 'cmd1' on the remote node . Can you please give me
another hint?