From: Stephen Powell on
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:00:26 -0500 (EST), Chance Platt wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 05:04:21 -0500 (EST), Richard Hector wrote:
>>> And I see there's actually already a bug report:
>>>
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=501723
>>>
>>> So I guess I'll leave it at that.
>>
>> I looked at the bug report. What a hoot! Did you read the title?
>>
>> "debian-installer: hungs with unstruted sources"
>>
>> There are only five words in the title, and two of them are misspelled!
>>

> Here's the juice on that bug:

Yes, I saw that those two bug reports had been forcibly merged.
But both of them have the same corrupted title. It should be

"debian-installer: hangs with untrusted sources"

not

"debian-installer: hungs with unstruted sources"

--
.''`. Stephen Powell <zlinuxman(a)wowway.com>
: :' :

On 2010-03-11 08:53, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 05:04:21 -0500 (EST), Richard Hector wrote:
>> And I see there's actually already a bug report:

>> So I guess I'll leave it at that.
>
> I looked at the bug report. What a hoot! Did you read the title?
>
> "debian-installer: hungs with unstruted sources"
>
> There are only five words in the title, and two of them are misspelled!

And when you write Italian, how many errors do you make????

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms." Mike Ditka

On Thursday 11 March 2010 16:21:14 Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-03-11 08:53, Stephen Powell wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 05:04:21 -0500 (EST), Richard Hector wrote:
> >> And I see there's actually already a bug report:
> >>
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=501723
> >>
> >> So I guess I'll leave it at that.
> >
> > I looked at the bug report. What a hoot! Did you read the title?
> >
> > "debian-installer: hungs with unstruted sources"
> >
> > There are only five words in the title, and two of them are misspelled!
>
> And when you write Italian, how many errors do you make????

I would have thought they were more likely to be typos than linguistic or
spelling errors, tho' they might be one of each. "unstruted" really does
look to me more likely to be a typo. Analyse my posts sometimes. They are
full of horrific errors - I am a lousy typist and an equally lousy proof
reader. :-(

Lisi
I've made a special effort with this one. ;-)

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:21:14 -0500 (EST), Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-03-11 08:53, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> There are only five words in the title, and two of them are misspelled!
>
> And when you write Italian, how many errors do you make????

That's a good point. I'm sure his English is better than my Italian.
I expect incorrect grammar and usage from someone who is
not a native speaker of English. (For that matter, I often see
incorrect grammar even from native speakers of English. I sometimes
do it on purpose for dramatic effect. For example,
"If you want it bad, you get it bad.") But a simple spell checker
or dictionary could solve this problem. Errors like that tend to detract
from one's credibility. If I were the package maintainer, I might
be tempted to think that the submitter is an "unstruted source". ;-)

Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:00:26 -0500 (EST), Chance Platt wrote:
>> Stephen Powell wrote:

>>> I looked at the bug report. What a hoot! Did you read the title?
>>>
>>> "debian-installer: hungs with unstruted sources"
>>>
>>> There are only five words in the title, and two of them are misspelled!
>>>
>> Here's the juice on that bug:

> Yes, I saw that those two bug reports had been forcibly merged.
> But both of them have the same corrupted title. It should be
>
> "debian-installer: hangs with untrusted sources"
>
> not
>
> "debian-installer: hungs with unstruted sources"

The bugtracker link I sent states that a time in the past on the host
seems to cause this installer issue - maybe Richard's VirtualBox somehow
has whack host time?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Hello