From: Sthu Deus on
Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

> I don't think so. I use that repo in my servers for updating ClamAV.

Me too, but I thought that it stands at some distance relating to
stable.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Wolodja:

> Why do you think that it should be avoided? It is officially supported
> by Debian and part of the stable infrastructure.

I just did not know that it is part of the stable. I thought it is just
another repo like backports for its own purpose, etc.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:28:38 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:
>
>> I don't think so. I use that repo in my servers for updating ClamAV.
>
> Me too, but I thought that it stands at some distance relating to
> stable.

Yep, but I think that is because stable is a "frozen" branch (unless the
package had a security flaw which then falls into "security" repo) and
volatile (as the name indicates :-P) are for packages that tend to change
"quickly".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón