From: John Navas on
Apple is on the lookout for an Iphone antenna engineer.

A post for the position of "Antenna Engineer-iPhone" went up on Apple's
website yesterday to supplement similar ones from a week ago. Apparently
Apple thinks it needs to hire someone who has an engineering background
in order to come up with antenna designs, presumably after its prior
efforts have proven to be somewhat less than bang on the money.

Apple's synopsis of the applicant's responsibilities are to "Define and
implement antenna system architecture to optimize the radiation
performance for wireless portable devices." So, its current band of
journeymen must be all out of answers after their wrap-around coat
hanger stunt on the Iphone 4 backfired so miserably.

Why Apple thought it was necessary to publicly advertise the position is
all the more surprising after a leaked memo suggested that its finest
produced a design worthy of some award.

The leaked document, guidance for customer care staff, was drawn up for
the firm to weasel out of responsibility for its shoddy design, saying,
"The iPhone 4's wireless performance is the best we have ever shipped."
Well, at least Apple is indirectly taking the rap for the cellular and
WiFi reception issues of previous models.

MORE:
<http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1719915/apple-looks-iphone-antenna-engineer>

COMMENT: "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"
From: nospam on
In article <jinm2694vtmp26mmuppf6ft0qv4bqmclps(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> Apple is on the lookout for an Iphone antenna engineer.
>
> A post for the position of "Antenna Engineer-iPhone" went up on Apple's
> website yesterday to supplement similar ones from a week ago. Apparently
> Apple thinks it needs to hire someone who has an engineering background
> in order to come up with antenna designs, presumably after its prior
> efforts have proven to be somewhat less than bang on the money.

that doesn't mean anything. jobs open up for a variety of reasons and
it doesn't mean that there isn't anyone else there with experience. of
course your article doesn't mention that it is for *both* the iphone
and the ipad.

> Apple's synopsis of the applicant's responsibilities are to "Define and
> implement antenna system architecture to optimize the radiation
> performance for wireless portable devices." So, its current band of
> journeymen must be all out of answers after their wrap-around coat
> hanger stunt on the Iphone 4 backfired so miserably.

yea, twice the sales from the previous model is a huge backfire.

> The leaked document, guidance for customer care staff, was drawn up for
> the firm to weasel out of responsibility for its shoddy design, saying,
> "The iPhone 4's wireless performance is the best we have ever shipped."
> Well, at least Apple is indirectly taking the rap for the cellular and
> WiFi reception issues of previous models.

there's more to it than just the antenna and some users are reporting
that the phone can make and receive calls in situations where their
previous iphone (and other phones for that matter) could not.

> COMMENT: "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

comment: you have an agenda.
From: Larry on
John Navas <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in

> The leaked document, guidance for customer care staff, was drawn up for
> the firm to weasel out of responsibility for its shoddy design, saying,
> "The iPhone 4's wireless performance is the best we have ever shipped."
> Well, at least Apple is indirectly taking the rap for the cellular and
> WiFi reception issues of previous models.

Just watch them. There will be ANOTHER "software update" that will "solve
the antenna issue", just like before on iPhone 1 to placate the fanboiz,
that will boost the signal level meter up to make it look better and make a
big miracle that will keep the company from doing the right thing by
recalling this PoS and replacing the antenna system with one on TOP, where
it should have been in the first place.

--
Global Warming and Creationism are to science what storks are to
obstetrics...

Larry

From: Larry on
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in news:300620100919538067%
nospam(a)nospam.invalid:

> that doesn't mean anything. jobs open up for a variety of reasons

Apple's very lucky to have these fawning lovers they can do anything to who
will defend the company's idiotic decisions to his death, no matter what's
staring him in the face. People like this one would accept anything Jobs
pushed on him even if the goddamned thing wouldn't make a phone call.

I'd love to see them really screw up and forget to install the phone
transceiver in a few hundred thousand to see if the fanboiz would really
accept it without one...which this one would be standing first in line to
pay retail for.....(c;]

From: nospam on
In article <Xns9DA7B0990A73Fnoonehomecom(a)74.209.131.13>, Larry
<noone(a)home.com> wrote:

> Just watch them. There will be ANOTHER "software update" that will "solve
> the antenna issue", just like before on iPhone 1 to placate the fanboiz,
> that will boost the signal level meter up to make it look better and make a
> big miracle that will keep the company from doing the right thing by
> recalling this PoS and replacing the antenna system with one on TOP, where
> it should have been in the first place.

except that just about every cellphone has the antenna on the bottom to
reduce sar levels, among other reasons.