From: Liam O'Toole on
On 2010-03-09, John Salmon <salmonjj(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 22:26 +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
>> On 2010-03-08, John Salmon <salmonjj(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>> > I'm running Lenny on a PC. When I try to use totem to display a .mpg
>> > file I get the fpllowing;

--- SNIP ---
>> > The program 'totem' received an X Window System error.
>> > This probably reflects a bug in the program.
>> > The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
>> > (Details: serial 60 error_code 11 request_code 140 minor_code 19)
>> > (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>> > that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>> > To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>> > option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>> > backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
>> > function.)
>> >
>> > My system memory is maxed out (indicated as 377.3 mb). Could this be the
>> > problem?
>> >
>> > John Salmon
>> > salmonjj(a)comcast.net
>> >

>> Are you using totem-xine or totem-gstreamer? With or without compiz? I
>> ask because I had to take special measures to get both of them working
>> with compiz.
>>

> I;m running totem-gstreamer but not compiz. My old Dell OptiPlex
> wouldn't handle anything that nice.

Try running gstreamer-properties, click on the 'Video' tab, and
experiment with the output settings. Hopefully you will find one which
tests succesfully.

--
Liam O'Toole
Birmingham, United Kingdom

On 2010-03-09, Aioanei Rares <debian.dev.list(a)gmail.com> wrote:

---SNIP---

> It's either a defective allocation of memory or really insufficient RAM.

If the latter, the xshm output option will might help.

--
Liam O'Toole
Birmingham, United Kingdom